“Good local food”

Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 20
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 20 April 2017

My husband and I are visiting Kauai for the first time, and wanted to go where the locals eat. The food was very good, prices are fair, and dessert is included with most meals. I got the teriyaki marinated chicken, and I would absolutely get it again. My husband got a mixed plate with BBQ ribs, fried chicken, and fried shrimp; the ribs were hands down the best of his lunch. The restaurant decor looks like late mid-century, or it might not have been redecorated since the 1970s; either way, it is charming. They close between lunch and dinner, and we came in at the very end of lunch. Even so, the waitress was friendly, and did not try to rush us. The restaurant was awarded with Best Restaurant awards for 2014, 2015, and 2016, and I certainly agree with that.

Reviewed 4 February 2017

great atmosphere and the service was very professional. the food is quite delicious and cooked fresh.

Reviewed 16 December 2016

I was staying at the nearby Palms Hotel and the clerk said this was a favorite of hers and her husband. I had the sampler plate which had a little bit of three kinds of meat. The dinner comes with soup or salad, sides, and dessert. Great desserts!

Reviewed 24 November 2016

On most visits back to Kauai where we grew up, we make it a point to stop in for a meal or two. It is a long-time locals favorite with delicious meals at a reasonable price!!! Service is also great!!!

Reviewed 3 November 2016

So a few ears down the road and another few visits later I wanted to review this place because it is beloved by my self and my family. One thing this palce is easy to over look and for some reason has not made te pages of the "guidebook anymore" you know which one. But is is unchanged a family run locals joiunt that is probaly the best value on the island. Around $14 will get you a soup or fruit, your entree and dessert oh and by the way delicious. Yes it s very rought around the edges, it is not a over proced tourist resteraunt it is a place that has been open for over 70 years where locals feed there families. Yes I have dined at Dukes, Keokis, The Beach house Plantation Gardens, but we love this place and return and return and return again. Imagine you are on you way home from the beach or hiking, you don;t want to go back and get cleaned up and go back out, this is the place. Oh and by the way the service is impeccable and freindly too.

Been to Barbeque Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK