All reviews murphy bed time share ocean front kilohana tower bedroom villa marriott owners ko olina vacation club pool area marriott timeshare small refrigerator timeshare units garden view free shuttle koi pond beautiful resort full kitchen
Reviewed 25 October 2018

This was our first time visiting the island of Kauai. The island is beautiful!!! This hotel is located within minutes of the airport without the noise of planes flying above (just helicopters, but you'd probably hear them everywhere). I was disappointed by our initial greeting by the lady at the front desk (I believe her name was Trudy). No smile or special greeting welcoming us to the hotel. This is important to me. I had to ask other employees about the various activities and restaurants that the hotel offered as the first lady at check-in gave me no information at all. The room was adequate, nothing special, but clean. Our clothes-line (for wet bathing suits) was broken and on the last day of our stay the toilet was leaking water from the base. I did tell the front desk about these issues as I checked-out. Hopefully they were corrected. Breakfast buffet was nice, service a bit slow with seating everyone, but that's the only meal we had as the prices were a bit steep. The pool tiles looked a bit dirty to me, but the pool basically was clean. The location of this hotel is very good but it is definitely a bit dated. The concierge desk was extremely helpful and friendly. I did enjoy my stay here, but improvements can definitely be made.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank specedtcher
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Kaua'i Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

Thank you for choosing Marriott Vacation Club for your vacation! We are happy you enjoyed your time at the resort and do look forward to seeing you again! #vacationgreatness

Reviewed 16 October 2018

We have been coming to this property since it opened after the hurricane in the 90s. It is our home away from home and have always found everyone here to be sincerely friendly and extremely helpful. We love Marriott and own 2 timeshares in Kauai and one on Oahu at Ko'olina.
For the first time ever, we experienced a curt and sarcastic person at the lobby desk for Marriott Owners. We stopped by to pick up our vacation privileges card and of course were asked about attending an owners meeting. We had to turn down the invite. We asked a quick question regarding the remodeling plan and the rep said "that's why we have owners' meetings...If I answered your question no one would ever go to the meetings and it's my job to fill those meetings." Hmmm, isn't it also her "job" to give friendly customer service? I get what she was saying but the choice of words and tone, facial expression & body language was something I had never experienced at Marriott. I hope this is amended as it is not in alignment with your philosophy.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 68pammy50

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us! Thank you for your review and for letting us know about your visit on TripAdvisor. Our team looks forward to seeing you again soon at a Marriott Vacation Club Resort!

Reviewed 13 October 2018

My husband and I really liked this property. Sits on an iconic tropical lagoon which opens to the ocean; the view from the entire property including the pool and restaurants is lovely. Breakfast buffet is wonderful; all food we had in the restaurant was great. Staff was wonderful; sincerely attentive and friendly. I would say the room keeps me from giving this marriott a 5 rating; it was underwhelming and needed some updating and modern decor. It did have the most comfortable bed ever experienced and we stay a lot of marriotts and Hyatts known for their comfortable mattresses. It was spaceous and clean and we had a fantastic view of the pool and the ocean; we enjoyed hearing the waves even with the sliding door closed. It was also nice that the bathroom sink was roomy and separated from the toilet and shower. Be sure to ask for a room on a higher floor for unobstructed views and with a full balcony. We had a Juliet balcony and where disappointed not to be able to sit outside. Check out Dukes restaurant next door and ask for a seat on the rail for another beautiful view. Enjoy!

Room tip: Ask for higher floor fracing the ocean with a full balcony.
1  Thank jhub101

We are happy to hear your family had a wonderful time! Thank you for sharing your #vacationgreatness and for making Marriott Vacation Club a part of your travels. We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

I love this hotel and it's the second time I've stayed on the property I think it's the best place to stay when you're visiting kawaihae cuz it seems to be right in the middle of everything. I love the pool and I love the morning Grab & Go breakfast area and I love being able to walk over to Dukes and having the beach right there. The room we got this year was in the kahili tower I believe and it seemed a little run-down. The room itself was very similar to the hotel but in the bathroom area there was this weird little alcove with a mirror on it almost like it should have been a vanity but was all scuffed up and dirty and there was no light there or no Outlets so it really couldn't be used for anything which seems kind of a waste.

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank gigigo
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Kaua'i Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback on your villa and will be sharing this with the resort management team. We do look forward to your next stay at a Marriott Vacation Club resort.

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

My wife and I spent the last couple of nights of our honeymoon at this hotel. It was absolutely beautiful! The staff upgraded us to an oceanfront room and left us a bottle of champagne in the room- really nice touch! All of the hotel staff that we interacted with were friendly and helpful. And the resort itself is gorgeous. The whole pool area, including the 5 hot tubs (!) is a great place to spend a lazy afternoon, which we took full advantage of. Overall, we would highly recommend for anyone looking for a special spot in Kauai!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing Marriott Vacation Club for your travels! We appreciate your review and do hope to see you again soon.