“Truly Fantastic Food and Service”

Smith Family Garden Luau
Book In Advance
More Info
US$ 98.00*
and up
Kauai Luau and Sunset Dinner
Ranked #1 of 5 Concerts & Shows in Lihue
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

As a super foodie, I closely evaluate every aspect of a meal. When I heard that about 400 people were attending that night, I pictured cafeteria style generic offerings. But what I experienced was excellent and delicious food that didn’t cut corners on cost or flavor! Of special note was the sweet and sour mahi-mahi and the teriyaki beef. Both were delicately and perfectly prepared enough to put them in my “best ever” category. All the other buffet items had something special added. Although hundreds of hungry people needed to go through the lines, prepared items were swiftly replenished in shallow trays for maximum freshness.
Our group of seven (most having owned or worked in gourmet restaurants) were blown away by the A+ staff service. Several aunties visited and unhurriedly chatted with us at length. ALL the waitstaff were exceptionally friendly and genuinely personable.
Before choosing the Smith Family Garden Luau, we truly spent hours pouring over luau reviews from Trip Advisor, Yelp, Kauai guide books, etc.. What ultimately helped us decide was the concierge at our resort who said that when she has her family or closest friends visit, the Smith Family Garden Luau is where she takes them.

All reviews
in 28 reviews
"family run"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This place was great. My 16 year old and I came and had a picnic here. We toured the garden at our leisure which I preferred to the guided tour we took at another garden. Some of the plaques that describe what the plant is need to be replaced (If anyone knows the name of the plant in pic 3 please let me know). There are peacocks, chickens, fugly ducks and more birds roaming the gardens. You can buy seed at the entrance to feed them. There wasn't a crowd here so you sort of feel like you have the garden all to yourself. I only wish we could have stayed to see the luau!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We visited the Smith Family Garden and enjoyed the Luau while on Kauai. We (our group of 13) were picked up at our resort by bus and brought over. The whole experience was wonderful, the garden and grounds are beautiful. The owner talks about the history of their family and the Luau/the gardens. Plenty of food, some traditional Hawaiian dishes were served and the whole experience was very well run. The show following the meal/Luau was fantastic, they all did an amazing job especially in the pouring rain! (I’m talking DOWNPOUR! For just about the entire show!) Didn’t slow them down... and we all stayed dry under the awning of the venue. We were safely returned to our resort after. Great experience!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Visited in March during the rainy period. Was EXTREMELY blessed. It rained all day and stopped for the Luau and started back up when we left. Great food. The grounds are beautiful. Especially enjoyed the peacocks.