3,069 results
All reviews sushi bar koi pond our honeymoon kalapaki grill ocean view cafe portofino close to the airport huge pool marriott resort abc store hula pie amazing pool kiddie pool beach area golf course beautiful property north shore
Reviewed 8 January 2016

We stayed in the hotel section of the resort for 8 nights. Check in was simple (we avoided the rush). Our room over looked the pool and beach. The hotel pool is large but it never seemed too busy. We ate at the hotel a few times. It was decent but there is much better food on the island. We toured several other Marriott properties in the area and this one by far was the most out of date.

Reviewed 8 January 2016 via mobile

We stayed at the Kauai Marriott. The first 4 nights were beautiful in an oceanfront 1 bedroom vacation villa. The room was clean but definitely not a typical villa since they are converted hotel rooms. On a positive note, the grounds are gorgeous. We switched rooms for the last night. The room was small, disgusting and completely outdated. We paid $400 for a mold/mildew room. I showed the front desk my pictures and received $200 off the room although I feel the room should have been free. Check out the picts...Marriott should be embarrassed!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
5  Thank hlkoko
Liz C, Front Office Manager at Kaua'i Marriott Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2016

Aloha! Thank you for taking the time to review the Kauai Marriott Resort and Beach Club. On behalf of our hotel, I'd like to apologize for the property not meeting your expectation. It is certainly our intention that every guest leaves satisfied. If you'd like to discuss your stay further, please feel free to contact me directly at the property.

Reviewed 6 January 2016

DO NOT BOOK AN OCEAN VIEW ROOM WITH THIS HOTEL. We forked over the extra $100 per night, and our "ocean view" turned out to be 90% pool and 10% ocean. When we complained, we were told, "Honestly this is the best room we have available right now for an ocean view." I did not pay extra for "best available now," I paid extra for an ocean view. EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING. We were ultimately compensated our resort fee, which does not make up for the original difference in price.

Room Tip: Do not book an ocean view room
1  Thank cowgurl808
Liz C, Front Office Manager at Kaua'i Marriott Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2016

Aloha From The Kauai Marriott! I am truly sorry your ocean view did not meet your expectations. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel so we can discuss further!
Mahalo!

Reviewed 6 January 2016

The rooms are nothing fancy at all. As basic as you can get, but
the location is what make this a special special place.
The pool nearly reaches to the sea.
The beach is nearly lapping a the footsteps of the hotel.
Wide beach is frequented by visitor and local alike.
It is a Gotta Go kinda place
IHG,
Rube

Room Tip: Ocean view or you will kick yourself
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2016

We stayed here over the Christmas Holiday, and the kids really enjoyed the resort. Great location located near the airport, and easy to get to Poi'pu beach (about a 30 minute drive). I believe they have the largest pool located in Hawaii, so it never seems to be overcrowded. The beach is fine, although it is located in a bay, so you don't really have a great view to the outside.

The only issue we had was that the weather this time of year at this location on Kauai seems to be a bit wet. Poi'pu Marriott may be the better option at this time of year. The food choices on site were ok, and Duke's is really good for burgers, fish, and sashimi (some of the best Ahi I have ever had).

Were were able to get an upgraded room with Ocean view, so it pays to be Marriott Gold. Definitely will come back.