The hotel is very nice. Rooms are comfy. Pool is great. Service at pool cabana, towels, etc., is great. Beach is nice and there are very close rentals (2 minute walk) for boards, and other beach equipment...right next to Duke's restaurant which is attached to hotel. Food is okay, better than average at hotel restaurant, i.e., KuKui's. During prime check-in and out hours, they could put more people on the front desk. I've never had as long a wait as I had at this hotel. Even Vegas runs 10x the amount of people through check-in faster. Not sure the problem. Be sure to ask for a "linger longer" deal if your flight leaves after say 3:00 p.m. This deal lets you stay in room until 6 p.m. for $75.00 which was great because our flight left at 8:30 p.m. and it is only a 5 minute drive to airport.
Basically, the only real complaint I have is that the architect who designed the parking for guests was probably one of those architects who is "in the news" and wins a myriad of awards, but when it comes to practical issues is clueless on reality and people. The parking has no quick stairs or access to center of couryard complex or particular buildings. You have to walk from 1-200 yards (depending upon where you park) to front entrance, ride a 3 story escalator down to courtyard, then walk another 100 yards to your building, main lobby, or what have you, then up to your floor. Not a big deal at check-in with bellmen, but if you run to a store for something or forget your sunglasses in the car, plan on a quarter mile hike to get back to your room. Be sure to take kids to front lobby area at 9:00 a.m. when they feed the pleathora of Koi fish in the pond...it is a feeding frenzy that will make any kid and most adults smile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Known for its warm island hospitality and idyllic location on the Garden Isle, the Kauai Marriott Resort on Kalapaki Beach underwent a $50 million upgrade, with major enhancements to all its guestrooms, suites, restaurants and pool deck. Unique among hotels in Kauai, our resort sits on Kalapaki Bay and offers a wide variety of recreational activities, a superior beach experience and 18 holes of Jack Nicklaus championship golf at the adjacent Kauai Lagoons Golf Club. Business travelers will enjoy our 5 Star Hotel's 20,230 sq ft of flexible meeting and event space in Kauai. Guests traveling for pleasure will enjoy one of the largest family-friendly pools in Hawaii and our spacious 5 star hotel rooms, most of which offer spectacular views and feature a balcony. Pamper yourself with a luxurious spa treatment at our hotel's on-site Alexander Spa and Salon. Discover a leader in style and service among Kauai hotels and resorts and enjoy breathtaking beachfront views at the Kauai Marriott Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kaua'i Marriott Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Kauai Hotel Lihue
- Marriott Kauai Hotel Beach
- Marriott Lihue
- Lihue Marriott
- Marriotts Kauai Beach Club
- Kaua'i Marriott Resort Kauai/Lihue