We only stayed one night. The entrance to the hotel is beautiful and tropical. Once you arrive, you must go down an escalator and weave around an open atrium-garden, down more stairs until you find check-in.
HOTEL: Structure appeared worn, but interior was nice. Had a great view looking over the pool and beach (bigger room, which meant no deck/lanai). The smaller rooms had a small deck with a table and chairs. Hotel was a large multi-level building with many wings.
GROUNDS: Atrium-garden had Koi, parrots, tropical plants, and a waterfall.
RESTAURANTS: Ate poolside. Food was good. Nothing spectacular, just good.
BEACH: Beach was beautiful and located in a cove, so the waves were very small. People were paddle-boarding and swimming.
ACTIVITIES: We weren't there long enough to take advantage of activities. We did walk to the nearby shops at Anchor Cove, such as the ABC store and a few other stores. Cruise ships docked within view from the hotel, but we did not see an influx of tourists.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Known for its warm island hospitality and idyllic location on the Garden Isle, the Kauai Marriott Resort on Kalapaki Beach underwent a $50 million upgrade, with major enhancements to all its guestrooms, suites, restaurants and pool deck. Unique among hotels in Kauai, our resort sits on Kalapaki Bay and offers a wide variety of recreational activities, a superior beach experience and 18 holes of Jack Nicklaus championship golf at the adjacent Kauai Lagoons Golf Club. Business travelers will enjoy our 5 Star Hotel's 20,230 sq ft of flexible meeting and event space in Kauai. Guests traveling for pleasure will enjoy one of the largest family-friendly pools in Hawaii and our spacious 5 star hotel rooms, most of which offer spectacular views and feature a balcony. Pamper yourself with a luxurious spa treatment at our hotel's on-site Alexander Spa and Salon. Discover a leader in style and service among Kauai hotels and resorts and enjoy breathtaking beachfront views at the Kauai Marriott Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Kaua'i Marriott Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Kauai Hotel Lihue
- Marriott Kauai Hotel Beach
- Marriott Lihue
- Lihue Marriott
- Marriotts Kauai Beach Club
- Kaua'i Marriott Resort Kauai/Lihue