This was our second visit to Garden Island Inn. Three years ago, we had to stay one night here because our beach house wasn't available yet. We were treated so well by the staff that we decided to book a room here for our entire 8 day stay this time. The rooms are spacious and clean. The inn it's self is FULL of charm but it's not half as charming as Ms. Sherrie, Ms. Joyce, Ms. Angela and the owners. They, along with their house keeping ladies, bend over backwards to make your stay as enjoyable as possible! They offer in room coffee makers, mini fridge, sink and microwave, shampoo, body wash and a hair dryer. Our flight arrived after the hotel office closed. It was cool to see that an envelope with our name on it and room key inside, along with a welcome letter, was taped to the office door. Lol!
In the lobby, they always serve fresh, seasonal fruits and muffins for breakfast. If you need beach gear, they let you use theirs. Beach chairs, mats, umbrellas, coolers, snorkel gear, boards, ever thing right down to the sunscreen. I even had a bug bite that got infected and Ms. Sherrie fixed me right up with some peroxide and neosporine.
They give you recommendations for outings, directions and suggestions for good places to eat and shop. We bought avocados and papayas from a road side stand and realized we didn't have anything to cut them up with. No worries, Ms. Joyce (or maybe it was Ms Angela) went to her apartment and brought us a knife and cutting board!
The garden area at the hotel is so charming and relaxing. There's massive bamboo growing and tangelo trees and lots of beautiful tropical flowers.
I seriously can't brag on the staff or this place enough. There's so much more I could write about! Aloha and thank you all at Garden Island again for making our trip so much more enjoyable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Garden Island Inn is a quaint, affordable boutique hotel by the lovely Kalapaki Beach and Bay, the Kauai Marriott and Lagoons and the Nawiliwili Harbor. Kalapaki Beach offers safe surfing, stand up paddle boarding, canoing, kayaking, sailing for beginners to intermediate, fishing or just plain relaxing and sunning.This is Kauai's center for shopping, live music and dining with a choice of 10 of Kauai's finest restaurants all within a short leisurely walking distance from the Garden Island Inn Hotel.The Garden Island Inn has quick and easy access from the Lihue Airport and to all the sights and activities Kauai has to offer. Let us be your home away from home while you discover Kauai! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Garden Island Inn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garden Island Hotel Lihue
- Garden Island Lihue
- Garden Island Inn Hotel Kauai/Lihue