1,070 results
All reviews boogie boards beach towels pie granola bars hand painted fresh bananas snorkel gear garden island road noise body boards office door small hotel beach items within walking distance close to the airport coffee maker abc store
Reviewed 29 August 2017

We stayed here 2 weeks ago and it was great. My wife was born and raised on Oahu and during our stay she commented to me: "They (the owners/staff) really have a lot of Aloha spirit." so if that is something you want, then this is the right place! :)

I have to agree with all of the other 5 star reviews of this place and I cant think of anything to add really. It is a neat place and after you spend a couple days there and talk to the owners and people who work there, you will feel like you are staying at a friend's place instead of a hotel.

So if you are looking a for hotel that feels really like Hawaii and the Beach then this is a great choice and one of the most economical.

Oh, one night we did use the AC, but the second night we slept with all of the windows open and left the AC off and enjoyed the breeze.

Room tip: Stayed in room 20: a king bed and 3 twins. It was a really spacious room. 3rd floor so you have to go up 2 flights of stairs.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lis L, Owner at Garden Island Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Mahalo for your glowing review! We enjoy getting to know our visitors and hearing of the great adventures like Waimea Canyon, helicopter ride, snorkel cruise around Napali Coast. Our convenient location makes sightseeing the island short drives. Best of all is having the ocean across the street and good restaurants to walk to. We do provide exceptions tropical lodging for a tremendous value. Booking direct ensures you get the best room suited to your needs. We have updated our website with new photography and video an informed site to make a good choice. Please return and enjoy more of our Aloha soon! Sincerely, Lis & Steve Layne

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed for one night prior to timeshare rental. Great location near airport and beach, restaurants. Unit was clean and held 5 (3 adults) perfectly. Staff super friendly. Only complaint was from my husband who had to get luggage up all those stairs!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank CindyM1822
Lis L, Owner at Garden Island Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Thank you for the 5 star review, Just Right! Our location is very convenient to the airport and beach so you can get started on your vacation and avoid more travel upon your arrival to Kauai. Kudos to your husband for helping with the luggage, 2 flights of stairs with big bags can be challenging! We do have staff who can assist with luggage please ask for some help next time.
Booking direct is a great way to get a room which is perfect for your needs, like 5 guests. Booking direct with us also gives us the flexibility to make changes or cancellations to your reservation. See you next vacation. Aloha, Lis & Steve Layne

Reviewed 26 August 2017

I feel compelled to write this review because this hotel is absolutely incredible in its hospitality. It is rare to find a business that puts service, personal touch and attention to details above the bottom line! These people are genuinely kind and they CARE that you have a pleasant and comfortable stay. I came back from a long early walk and was greeted with cold water, breakfast AND a humongous papaya freshly picked from their homegrown tree as a gift! Homemade pumpkin pie covered with fresh berries -baked by the owner herself- was also out of this world!
I echo everybody else in singing this hotel's praise: A rare gem indeed in every way: reasonable price, comfort, convenient location, ocean view, cleanliness... couldn't ask for more!

Room tip: Almost every room has ocean view
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank qnmesichi

Aloha, your sincere review has warmed my heart. My husband and I put our hearts into operating the hotel; our staff, the building and grounds means so much to us. Our efforts at the hotel are simply to make our guests experience unique and hopefully wonderful. Steve often says why not make ordinary into extraordinary at every opportunity. We like to think we fit into the Hawaiian culture that makes Kauai so special.
Thank you for booking direct with us. You have the best room suitable to your needs and flexibility with your reservation, and we get a little help with keeping our costs down creating value for you. A hui hou kakou (until we meet again), Mahalo, Lis & Steve Layne

Reviewed 24 August 2017

We loved our stay here. The room we had #18 was very large with two beds and tons of room everywhere. The bathroom was also very roomy, the shower not so much. Enjoyed eating breakfast from the balcony with a small view of the beach and harbor. The service was fantastic! I LOVED the pie they served and the ice cream bananas. They had things you could borrow, DVDs, beach items including chairs which were really nice to have. Would definitely stay here again!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Aloha! Thanks for booking direct with the friendly staff. We can insure you get the best room for your needs. Room 18 is a spacious suite with nice ocean view. We appreciate your lovely review; we strive to create a superior stay and experience at our boutique hotel. Our goal is to give great value with our prices, and complimentary amenities. Booking direct helps our costs which we can pass on to our guests. Mahalo for choosing to stay with us!! Aloha, Lis & Steve Layne

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for a week on a solo vacation. Excellent if looking for a quiet place to get away to and don't care for big crowded resorts. The employees are all very friendly. Everyday when I would come back from the activities of the day, my room was always nice and tidy no matter how much of a mess I left it in.

The hotel also lets occupants free access to boogie boards, snorkel sets, towels... they even had a water bottle they lent me when leaving for hikes. With a beach less than 3 minutes across the street, this is very nice to have access to. Every evening I'd take out a boogie board and mess around in the beach and relax. For the money, I don't think you can do much better.

The atmosphere is top notch with led lighted trees and lots of bushes and trees and a little koi pond... really gives you that exotic Hawaiian feel.

Some people are just going to like fancy resorts and 4 star hotels but if you're looking for something a little more low key that also feels very warm and inviting, this is the place to stay. I'll definitely be staying here again whenever I make it back out to Kauai.

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank acesneverwin
Lis L, Owner at Garden Island Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Mahalo for you review, and best that our hotel was just what you were looking for your week's get away. Kalapaki Beach, mid island, walking distance to shops and restaurants, close to the Lihue airport makes our location a win. Our guests tend to be the out for the day adventuring types. We are glad you took advantage of all the beach gear, snacks, and visits with our aloha staff! Having cold filtered water in the office is a great reminder to fill up before you adventure for the day. We are looking forward to your return. Aloha, and many thanks sharing your experience on trip advisor. Lis & Steve