We stayed here 2 weeks ago and it was great. My wife was born and raised on Oahu and during our stay she commented to me: "They (the owners/staff) really have a lot of Aloha spirit." so if that is something you want, then this is the right place! :)
I have to agree with all of the other 5 star reviews of this place and I cant think of anything to add really. It is a neat place and after you spend a couple days there and talk to the owners and people who work there, you will feel like you are staying at a friend's place instead of a hotel.
So if you are looking a for hotel that feels really like Hawaii and the Beach then this is a great choice and one of the most economical.
Oh, one night we did use the AC, but the second night we slept with all of the windows open and left the AC off and enjoyed the breeze.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Garden Island Inn is a quaint, affordable boutique hotel by the lovely Kalapaki Beach and Bay, the Kauai Marriott and Lagoons and the Nawiliwili Harbor. Kalapaki Beach offers safe surfing, stand up paddle boarding, canoing, kayaking, sailing for beginners to intermediate, fishing or just plain relaxing and sunning.This is Kauai's center for shopping, live music and dining with a choice of 10 of Kauai's finest restaurants all within a short leisurely walking distance from the Garden Island Inn Hotel.The Garden Island Inn has quick and easy access from the Lihue Airport and to all the sights and activities Kauai has to offer. Let us be your home away from home while you discover Kauai! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Garden Island Inn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garden Island Hotel Lihue
- Garden Island Lihue
- Garden Island Inn Hotel Kauai/Lihue