1,074 results
All reviews boogie boards beach towels pie granola bars hand painted fresh bananas snorkel gear garden island road noise body boards office door small hotel beach items within walking distance close to the airport coffee maker abc store
Reviewed 22 November 2012

We really enjoyed our short 3 day stay. The property is older but wears its age well. The rooms and doors are adorned with hand painted pictures that are a perfect match for the area and atmosphere. Manager friendly and accommodating would visit again in a heartbeat!

Date of stay: August 2012
1  Thank AKcharger
Reviewed 16 November 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 6 wonderful days.
Room 21 was very comfortable and the quirky hotel supplied chairs, mats, boogie boards for the beach plus DVD's, juice from their own "tangerone" tree, cookies and every courtesy.
We would certainly stay here again if we visit the beautiful green island of Kauai again.
A wonderful change from major chain hotels.
Bring ear plugs. Some rooms are near a main road and the island wide chicken infestation can mean cocks crowing throughout the night.

Room tip: Stretch to an orchid suite. The extra space is well worth while.
Date of stay: November 2012
2  Thank Guy R
Reviewed 12 November 2012

My brother and I stumbled upon the Garden Inn as we were aimlessly driving south-east to get away from the rain after a long, wet, multiday hike on the Napali coast!! I walked in to check the rates and asked to see a room (you just never know). We were so pleasantly surprised with the sweet and cheery rooms. Everything we needed to dry out and get a few comfortable night's of rest. I normally prefer to stay in 4+ star hotels (when I'm not camping), but that's because most motels and cheap hotels do not have the charm and comfort of this little place. Total score. The beds were perfect and comfortable (and there were 2 beds which is great if you're sharing with your brother!). Really loved the little balcony overlooking the gardens below. The office staff were incredibly nice and so were the housekeeping staff! One of the nice ladies even let us throw our absolutely-soaked-to-the-core rain jackets in the dryer:) The office had free movies and pocorn, and coffee, fresh juice and granola bars in the mornings. Just really nice little touches that add up to a great little place to stay. Great location to walk around too, good shopping and eats nearby, and a little surf beach. I stayed last year, and have such fond memories, I'm definately staying here again. Thanks for saving me from a boring hotel room and having the best value around:) Seriously, stay here if you want something a little different with a lotta good!

Room tip: Go for a room on the second floor with a balcony.
Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank hoboprincess
Reviewed 6 November 2012

This place is a jewel. The hand painted walls; doors and ceilings are great, original art work everywhere. The place is very quite; convenient and lovely. The gardens are great. Fresh flowers in the room everyday were awesome as well. Even better no big resort "hub bub"!! A couple of mornings the staff even brought in fresh squeezed tangelo juice!!

Date of stay: October 2012
1  Thank Karen Y
Reviewed 2 November 2012

We landed after dark, and it was easy to get here. Took only a couple of minutes. We were pleasantly surprised with the clean, large room. It was very cheery and colorful. In the bathroom, I heard the waterfall out back, which was very pleasant. There was a coffee maker, microwave and mini fridge. The price was very good, and all the unique things to look at made us very happy that we stayed there. We spent a few minutes in the office visiting, and looking around. Great, friendly people. They take a lot of time and trouble to make the place bright, cheery and interesting. Loved all the hand painted walls. Bright colorful pictures. I would defintiely go there again when in Kauai. Beach right across the street.

Room tip: You will enjoy your stay here.
Date of stay: October 2012