...to tell them how happy I was with my room! I was so excited, I really couldn't keep it to myself.
When I booked my 3 night stay at the Garden Island Inn, I didn't realize that for the low price I was paying, I would be getting 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, a full and fully-equipped kitchen, and 3 balconies, all with ocean views. It just didn't sink in that someone would offer that much room for such a reasonable price. In terms of value alone, this is a must-stay.
And there's more! If you are fortunate enough to be greeted at the front desk by Germaine, then you will know what I mean when I say that she is absolutely world-class. She is fun, friendly, and so welcoming... the perfect introduction to a relaxing stay on Kauai. Every hotel should have a Germaine, and it will bother me from here on out that they don't (thanks for ruining hotels for me, Germaine : )).
Another nice feature is that they are a one-stop shop for everything you will need during your stay, and you can't beat the price (FREE!!). They offer snorkeling gear, boogie boards, beach towels, sand castle stuff for the kids, a nice selection of DVDs, tennis gear, etc., all right there at the front desk for no extra charge. How convenient is that? And the most convenient thing of all was Germaine's hand-annotated map of the island which my friend and I used almost exclusively to plan our activities. So handy!
I've rated the Garden Island Inn as "Excellent". But be advised, this is not a 5-star property or anything like that. Make sure your expectations are realistic- the condos are spacious, but they're also getting old and it shows. The beach is a bit of a hike. Your view of the harbor is partially blocked by a big factory. None of these things bothered me at all, hence the Excellent rating, but just be aware that while the Garden Island Inn is quaint, friendly, and a great value, it's not perfect and you shouldn't expect it to be.
Cheers, and Safe Travels!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Garden Island Inn is a quaint, affordable boutique hotel by the lovely Kalapaki Beach and Bay, the Kauai Marriott and Lagoons and the Nawiliwili Harbor. Kalapaki Beach offers safe surfing, stand up paddle boarding, canoing, kayaking, sailing for beginners to intermediate, fishing or just plain relaxing and sunning.This is Kauai's center for shopping, live music and dining with a choice of 10 of Kauai's finest restaurants all within a short leisurely walking distance from the Garden Island Inn Hotel.The Garden Island Inn has quick and easy access from the Lihue Airport and to all the sights and activities Kauai has to offer. Let us be your home away from home while you discover Kauai! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Garden Island Inn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garden Island Hotel Lihue
- Garden Island Lihue
- Garden Island Inn Hotel Kauai/Lihue