1,965 results
All reviews fire pit parking fee resort fee vaulted ceilings nightly entertainment ocean view small balcony hot tub pool area mai tais free mai tai per day hotel restaurant free coffee nice property oceanfront room open air
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

10min from the airport and the location is surrounded by supermarkets and restaurants. It's very convenient. The staff was friendly too but the room was so moldy and damp. I didn't enjoy a second in the room. It was outdated and it clearly needs better ventilation system.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AsamiYoga
AlohaAmbassadorTeam, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Kaua'i at Coconut Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Aloha AsamiYoga,

Mahalo for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to write a review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed Kapaa ( the surrounding town), as well as the staffs customer service. Our hotel aims to provide a truly unique experience, and we are thrilled that we were able to deliver.

Regarding our hotel rooms, we are pleased to inform the public that the property is undergoing a full renovation. As we take time to reconstruct our new product, your concerns are being addressed. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

The rooms were really nice and the air conditioning was amazing! The bed and pillows were so comfy. The pool and hot tub were so relaxing right near the beach. The wifi was easy to use and the staff was great. Recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice place to stay in Kauai. Loved that you can rent complimentary bikes to bike around town and hit the bike path - first come first serve basis. The only thing that bothered us, was the fees that added up a bit at the end of the time, so it wasn't as good as a deal as we thought we were getting. However, I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ocean views are pretty, recommend going for it.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Megster4490
AlohaAmbassadorTeam, Guest Experience Supervisor at Courtyard Kaua'i at Coconut Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Aloha Megster4490, Thank you for the four out of five review. Your feedback about the really nice rooms, amazing air conditioning, relaxing hot tub right near the beach, great staff and more is much appreciated! We are very happy to hear that you would stay here again, and we're looking forward to welcoming you back. With aloha, Karen

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

So happy I was upgraded to ocean view room. Made my stay that much more special
Love the dark wood interior. Loved that the pool is open late. Love that there are Adirondack chairs to sit and stargaze at night & listen to the waves or sit in to read a book as you enjoy the beach during the day.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo

Aloha Joyce P, Thank you for your five out of five review. Love that you love the Courtyard! Thank you for sharing your experience sitting in the Adirondack chairs stargazing at night and reading during the day. We hope you visit us again soon. With aloha, Karen

Reviewed 2 October 2018

I've stayed here about 3 times when coming to Hawaii to visit family. What I like about it is its very "central" location in Kapaa. You can get to the north side of the island and the south side in about the same time (pending traffic). The hotel itself is perfectly nice, though could use some updates as it has the potential to be even more amazing than it is. Had a great couples massage there in the very petite spa. Pool is nice, food is delicious!

Stayed: December 2017

Aloha Gregory A, Thank you for the four out of five review, and for your repeat visits! Our location is a fabulous home base from which to visit the entire island. The entire property – including all guest rooms and public areas - will begin a major renovation in the Fall of 2018 with an expectation of being complete Second Quarter 2019. The transformation will be done in phases, with the property remaining open. We look forward to wowing you during your next visit! With aloha, Karen

Reviewed 1 October 2018

We stayed here for two nights recently to be closer to some excursions we had planned and to save on hotel costs for a few nights. It certainly isn't the St. Regis or Grand Hyatt and you will realize that the second you pull up and there is nobody to park your car or help you with your bags or put a lei on you.

That being said, you know going into this that you are paying $160 a night versus $600 so there weren't really any surprises here and when your Mai Tai by the pool costs $3.50 instead of $16, it sort of makes up for not having all of the amenities of the 5 star hotels.

The pool is small, but never crowded. The water feature and firepit is so pretty and at night it is a great place to sit and have a drink before bed.

The open-air lobby is very pretty and I loved the Hawaiian artwork. I actually feel that this lobby is more "Hawaiian" feeling and more inviting than the St. Regis or Grand Hyatt, but obviously doesn't have the jaw-dropping views from the lobby that those two offer.

The beach is just steps away. We had a beached seal on the beach while we were there so a portion of the beach was roped off, but it was nice to see the seal up close.

they have some games and we enjoyed playing corn hole. I loved the big oversized loungers that face out at the ocean. I curled up and took a nice nap in that.

The hotel room was clean and comfortable. Very small bathroom but I didn't mind for two nights.

I would come back to this place again (this was my second stay) for a few nights of my trip to keep the costs down. I really don't have any complaints about this place. Everything met my expectation for what I paid for my room.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Meredith_Parrish

Aloha Meredith_Parrish, Thank you for the four out of five review. Thank you for sharing some of the wonderful features of Courtyard Kaua'i - such as the value of our Mai Tai Madness, our open-air lobby, and the monk seals that frequently visit the beach fronting the hotel. Our entire property – including all guest rooms and public areas - will begin a major renovation in the Fall of 2018 with an expectation of being complete Second Quarter 2019. The transformation will be done in phases, with the property remaining open. The bathrooms will be getting a sliding door, making the bathroom feel larger. We look forward to wowing you during your next visit! With aloha, Karen