Kauai Shores Hotel(Kapaa)(Great Value!)
US$ 249
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$ 228
Plantation Hale Suites(Kapaa)(Great Value!)
US$ 255
Orbitz.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,902 results
All reviewsfire pitresort feeparking feevaulted ceilingsnightly entertainmentsmall balconyocean viewpool areahot tubfree mai taiper dayhotel restaurantbeach chairsoceanfront roomnice propertyfree coffeeopen air
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I have to be honest, I wasn't expecting much from some of the other reviews I read here and other travel websites, but I wasn't planning on spending a lot of time in the hotel room. When we arrived I was pleasantly surprised with the aesthetics of the hotel (and the complementary Mai Thai upon check-in!). They have recently finished a renovation of the common area spaces which featured an open-air lobby, and I'm assuming new landscaping/pool area. It was all very nicely done - the pool wasn't huge, but it's not a huge hotel.

I was also pleasantly surprised by the rooms. I expected the lobby to be nice because of the renovation, but thought the rooms might be kind of dumpy. They were actually very nice - decent size, our own lanai, a mini fridge, etc. If you're able to, stay on the 4th floor, the ceilings are vaulted and feel much more spacious.

I really liked the location of this hotel as well. It was our first time to Kauai, and Kapaa is on the east shore, making it a pretty central location to explore the rest of the island. There are some pretty good restaurants around (some even within walking distance) and some grocery stores too.

A couple things to remember/know:
-This hotel is on a beach, but it's not swimmable. However, you're likely to drive every day and there are some beautiful beaches that aren't too far from the hotel.
- There is a daily charge for parking
- If you're taking a red eye on the day you leave, they may be able to give you a later check-out; I asked for 4 pm and they graciously accommodated me. This let us explore the island while still having time/a place to shower before we left.

Overall our stay was really great and I would definitely recommend this hotel (especially for a first timer to Kauai).

Room Tip: Rooms on the 4th floor have vaulated ceilings
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank AshleyCVA
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Well-maintained property with a great outdoor space made for an enjoyable time. We got a great rate on a travelzoo purchase for our stay here. The pool area was a great place in the evening to enjoy a happy-hour Mai Tai around the fire pit. There were hammocks and large lounging sofa's that were big enough for 2 people to comfortably relax and wind down in. The hotel's location was close to the airport, downtown Kapaa, and most of the places we wanted to visit during our stay. The room and bed were comfortable, internet was fast, great flat screen tv, and ample refrigerator. The balcony was so small, it was pretty much not usable. The bathroom was very small and nothing special, but clean. Try the Eastside Restaurant for a great dinner, dessert, and fresh fruit martini's. The Olympic Cafe was great for basic entree's and burgers, beer, and a great view of the ocean and mountains.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2012

The staff was incredibly friendly, the grounds were clean and beautiful, and the room felt luxurious with its vaulted ceiling, extremely comfortable bed/pillows, and A/C. It was affordable and relaxing to come back to after a day of hiking/snorkeling/exploring or just lounging at the pool or beach all day. We loved the open-air lobby that greets you as you walk in. The location on Kapaa was great. We will definitely stay there again and recommend this stay to others!

Room Tip: we were on the 4th (top) floor and the vaulted ceiling made the space seem huge
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2012

The view, the view, the view...need I say more! We were upgraded (thanks Corey) to the executive ocean view room. The room was very large, nice size lanai but the bathroom was very small compared to the size of the room. I disagree with the complaints on decor. Not everything needs to be bright vibrant colors, I felt the dark wood and blues were just fine (maybe because I'm a dude). I agree with the other reviews that the furniture is not very comfortable but who spends a lot of time in your in room???
The grounds are large and well kept, the pool area is nice, pool is a little small for the property but again....who cares when you have so many awesome beaches to choose from. There are signs this is an older property but the renovations for the most part are well done.
We had breakfast at the restraunt and it was delicious and pretty reasonable.
The location of the hotel on the island was just right, not to far of a drive to anything and there are grocery stores within minutes.
Would we stay here again, yes by all means....but remember to upgrade to ocean front large room

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vinster7
Reviewed 8 September 2012

After staying at Hilton in Waikiki, Honolulu, I really had great expectation from this one, especially due to overwhelming ratings within my budget. But I would say it turned out to be terrible mistake. Ok, if you want a hotel room which will make you stay outside and enjoy the natural beauty of Kauai, then this gets a 9-10. You can also enjoy the beach or the pool area of the hotel as well, that is good, no doubts. But the room? Come on, such low standards by Marriott? I mean, for example, the bathroom was so small and felt so old and dirty. Not the kind of dirty that will be fine after a housekeeping service, but the kind that makes you feel disgusted even when it's clean. Cheap sinks, curtains, shower and what not.
This room was the worst part of my otherwise awesome trip.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple