“Best Happy Hour on Kaua......”

Courtyard Kaua'i at Coconut Beach
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Kapaa
Reviewed 18 July 2012 via mobile

Loved the hotel. Right on beach, good food and best happy hour(4-7pm). Mai Tais under $5.00!! Loved this place.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

Hotel is nice, don't expect anything like Grand Hyatt. Our room was a huge ocean front with double queen beds which was nice. Breakfast buffet was average and pricey, so we eat there only once.

There is no beach to speak of due to exposed coral that lines the beach so you can't get in the water. Although it is less than a mile from Lydgate Park which is city park with beach access and great snorkeling for a novice.

The hotel is somewhat centrally located, little over an hour's drive to the end of the road on north shores. It's about 2 hours the west end.

Beds were too soft for my comfort and I developed a sever neck and lower back ache from which I did not recover until we got home.

On the day of the check out the front desk had called us several times inquiring when we are checking out, which we thought was a bit unconscious.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Eric M
Reviewed 11 July 2012

This bar has okay food. The service is not the best. Takes forever to get served. Presentation is very good.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Hmn10299
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Had an issue the first night, but after that, the place was amazing! Fresh coffee in the morning. Ocean view/ocean front - we had a 1 bedroom suite or something like it. We had a fridge, balcony, sitting area and desk. 2 sinks in the room to get ready and super comfortable king-size bed. Love this place!

Room Tip: Don't a room next to a corporate room - we had 334 and next door in 335 they were up at 4 am, we...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I thought that the hotel was in the perfect location. It was close to everything. When you arrive you go up several steps lined with tiki torches. I thought it was a nice touch. As you enter the open air lobby, there is a container with ice water with oranges in it. The room was clean. My only complaint was that the balcony was tiny.
I did not go in the pool, but would go out to the pool in the evening. It was beautiful how it was lit up. They had a fire structure that you could sit at that was very cool. They also had hammocks nearby. I did put my feet in the hot tub, and it was not as hot as I like it.
Everyone at the hotel was very friendly. I had a bicycling accident while in Kauai. When I woke up the next day, my blood had soaked through my bandages. I felt bad that the cleaning person would have to clean my bloody sheets so I left a tip with a note apologizing. When I returned I received a note from the cleaning lady thanking me for the tip. I thought that was very nice of her so we left her an even bigger tip when we checked out.
Outstanding experience!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank seriellen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kapaa
5.4 km away
24.6 km away
Koloa Landing Resort at Poipu, Autograph Collection
10.9 km away
Marriott's Kaua'i Beach Club

Been to Courtyard Kaua'i at Coconut Beach? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Additional Information about Courtyard Kaua'i at Coconut Beach

Address: 650 Aleka Loop, Kapaa, Kauai, HI 96746-1402 (Formerly Aston Kauai Beach at Makaiwa)
Region: United States > Hawaii > Kauai > Kapaa
Bar / Lounge Beach Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#1 Spa Hotel in Kapaa
#3 Top resorts Hotel in Kapaa
#5 On the Beach Hotel in Kapaa
#5 Romantic Hotel in Kapaa
#5 Family Hotel in Kapaa
Price Range: ₹ 14,717 - ₹ 30,977 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Courtyard Kaua'i at Coconut Beach 3*
Centrally located on 10 beachfront acres amid a century-old coconut grove, this deluxe oceanfront resort hotel offers breathtaking views, spacious suites and open-air dining. Centrally located, many movie production crews choose to stay here as it's minutes from anywhere on the island. It's an excellent base to explore and discover the natural beauty that the Garden Island has to offer. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Kaua'i at Coconut Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Courtyard By Marriott Kauai At Coconut Beach Hotel Kapaa