My wife was able to get us three nights here free with her points and upon arrival we were automatically upgraded to an ocean view room. So right away we were really happy. The staff here were incredibly helpful and happy from the bellman to the front desk people to the bar staff by the pool.
You could tell that the lobby, restaurant/bar, and pool area had been recently updated. Very well done and clearly money well spent. Also, the rooms were spacious and nice. Our only complaint was that our king bed was very uncomfortable. They tried to accommodate us by putting and egg crate pad under the mattress pad but it still wasn't great. My other ding was that the bathroom was an odd configuration as the toilet was right in the middle of the room and if someone was sitting on it you couldn't close the door. The bathroom amenities were fine, but the configuration was strange. So for the bed/bath issues I can't give this hotel a 5. Don't get me wrong this isn't a 5 star hotel. But for an inexpensive chain on the island's east side this place is great for the price!
The pool and beach area is very nice. The daily 4-7 happy hour is nice too. $4 dollar drafts and mai tais was a nice way to start an evening and considerably less then most places on the island.
I can't comment on the food because we never ate at their restaurants. We were too busy exploring the sites outside!
We would stay here again and would recommend this place to anyone needing a place to stay for a few nights while staying in Kauai
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located on 10 beachfront acres amid a century-old coconut grove, this deluxe oceanfront resort hotel offers breathtaking views, spacious suites and open-air dining. Centrally located, many movie production crews choose to stay here as it's minutes from anywhere on the island. It's an excellent base to explore and discover the natural beauty that the Garden Island has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Kaua'i at Coconut Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Kauai At Coconut Beach Hotel Kapaa
- Aston Hotel Kapaa
- Resortquest Kauai Beach Makaiwa
- Aston Resort Kapaa
- Waipouli Beach
- Resort Quest Kauai
- Courtyard Kaua'i At Coconut Beach Kauai/Kapaa