I have just returned from 10 glorious days at this resort and I am really surprised at some of the negative reviews about this hotel. My husband and I have travelled extensively for both business and pleasure and we were hesitant in booking because we worried about it being a "Courtyard". We expected mediocre, what we got was absolutely outstanding.
The staff are fantastic, they couldn't be more hospitable and helpful. If they didn't already have a smile on their face, it came instantly upon engagement. It is most evident that they truly enjoy working at this resort. It speaks volumes that they are confident in making reccommendations for off site dining and don't hesitate to suggest where to find the "best" of everything on the Island.
The location can't be beat, it's central to just about everything on Kauai and close enough to all the stores you might need if you choose not to rent a car, (I do reccommend that you rent a car so that you can take in all Kauai has to offer). For those that complain the beach isn't swimmer friendly, just an fyi that many beaches on Kauai are not swimmer friendly. There is a good brochure available at the airport that outlines what public beaches are deemed safe for swimming and have lifegaurds on duty along with other important beach safety information. This location is one of the best I saw on the Island, and we travelled the entire Island, the pool and hot tub area are pretty much on the ocean, you cannot get much closer than this. An added bonus is the incredibly comfortable outdoor furniture and hammocks.
If you book a room with an oceanview or a deluxe oceanfront room you won't be disappointed, they are all well appointed but know the definition of each to ensure that you are happy with what you reserve. If price is a concern, book a garden room or less, athough you may not have a great view the time you spend by the pool on the ocean will make up for it ten fold. A drink by the fireplace by the pool overlooking the ocean is an incredibly relaxing end to the day.
We ate at the restaurant several times, we were not disappointed. The prices were reasonable, the selection more than adequate and the food was very good. The shrimp done any way they offer is amazing. The drinks were a bit pricey outside of happy hour as are the drinks at most hotels. There are lots of great restaurants and local favourites close by, just ask the staff and they'll point you in the right direction to find what you're craving.
I agree that the $14. parking fee is a bit over the top for a hotel that does have extensive space for parking. It would be a nice gesture to lower that a bit but compared to other locations that charge up to $24. per day this isn't all that bad. As for the towels, they are indeed far from fluffy but they did the job just fine. Our bed was very comfortable and the room immaculate.
As we were sharing our last drink in this beautiful setting I reflected on the fact that we didn't have a single complaint about the hotel, the service, the setting or anything else about this resort." For two road dogs like us this is remarkable. We cannot wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located on 10 beachfront acres amid a century-old coconut grove, this deluxe oceanfront resort hotel offers breathtaking views, spacious suites and open-air dining. Centrally located, many movie production crews choose to stay here as it's minutes from anywhere on the island. It's an excellent base to explore and discover the natural beauty that the Garden Island has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Kaua'i at Coconut Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Kauai At Coconut Beach Hotel Kapaa
- Aston Hotel Kapaa
- Resortquest Kauai Beach Makaiwa
- Aston Resort Kapaa
- Waipouli Beach
- Resort Quest Kauai
- Courtyard Kaua'i At Coconut Beach Kauai/Kapaa