All reviews yogurt peggy sue banana bread continental breakfast boutique hotel bike path small hotel ocean front jacuzzi tub city view every morning free bikes beach towels palm trees lovely pool rooms were very clean aloha spirit
Reviewed 26 October 2018

Loved the location. It was right off a great walking, biking path tha fronts the ocean. It is within walking distance to shops and restaurants. Loved the staff. They were so pleasant and accommodating.
Omg the banana bread in the morning was the best ever and we loved the sweet Auntie that makes it.
Unfortunately, we stayed in a city side room. It was clean, but small and old. The lanai was scary and overlooked a dumpster parking area. The outside motion light kept going off. It was very bright and woke us up several times. The in-room coffee pot did not work, but since coffee is provided in the morning that was no biggie.
The new oceanfront rooms looked way better and we regret not staying in one of those.

Room tip: Choose the ocean front.
Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2018

This is a very nice Hotel and brings me back to when I lived on the Islandin the mid 80's. The rooms are clean and Ken Ford the Manager and all the employees there are very nice and helpful.
I would recommend this to anyone interested in having a lanai overlooking the ocean with a pool and waterfall to boot. This stay was very relaxing with great local restaurants such as the "Local Kauai" restaurant having great food at a very reasonable price.

Our stay with Corral Reef was one of our last days on the island and I was pleased to be told that after check out I was able to use the pool facility and other amenities they offer. Great Location. They are doing some rebuilding but this did not affect our stay.
I will stay at the Corral Reef again and again. Great place to relax and unwind.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2018

It is not a mega resort or time share ! YAY.
The other reviews said a lot and convinced me to give it a try. We had driven by it a bunch of times on our prior trips here. So we knew we only had a longish weekend so figured we'd give it a shot.
The people that run the place and work here are very aloha friendly. The only minor issue we had was with the WIFI but Ken got that mystery solved right away.
Nice size rooms for a week or so stay (we were here for 5 nights).
Decent continental breakfast with very good coffee and homemade banana breads.
I won't look elsewhere the next time we are coming to Kauai unless they are all full !
Mahalo !

Room tip: any of the ocean front rooms are right on the bike/walking path
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2018

The morning coffee and banana bread was a great treat. I looked forward to saying hi to Auntie every morning. I will definitely come back to this place each time I visit the island. One place that I will refer others to as well.

Date of stay: March 2018
Reviewed 18 September 2018

I wanted to extend my vacation to Kauai and I always remember walking by the Hotel Coral Reef and watching it grow and change. All the changes have been with loving care. I knew they were in the middle of construction changes when I booked so I was visiting the island while they worked. I remember years ago when they added the beautiful serene pool and now they have added a 3rd floor to their ocean view rooms. The staff made you feel like family - very caring on your stay.

Date of stay: September 2018