“Our first Kauai experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Moana Kai Beach Houses

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kapaa
Moana Kai Beach Houses
Ranked #12 of 15 Speciality Lodging in Kapaa
Kelso, Washington
“Our first Kauai experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2010

After many hours of looking at hotels and condo’s we decided on the Moana Kai Beach House B for our first trip to Hawaii. When I inquired about the condo, I received a phone call within a few hours. Jim was very prompt in communicating with me. Very often, the pictures you see on the internet are not what you see when you get to your destination. We were quite pleased when we opened the door to a very spacious living, dining and kitchen combo. The kitchen was stocked with practically anything you would need. We had 11 people for 2 dinners and did not need for anything. The furniture was very nice, including the couch cushions. There were plenty of bathroom and beach towels. There was a box of beach toys but we didn’t find the cooler we thought would be there. We decided to BBQ our first dinner but the propane was empty. I emailed Jim. We had a full tank in less than ½ hour. Needless to say, I was impressed. The pool was wonderful, as was the hot tub, with plenty of outside seating. The location of the condo is great. A short walk will get you to the beach, the grocery and shopping. Traffic is pretty heavy at certain hours of the day but not bad enough to deter one from travel. The beaches were fabulous. The people were friendly. It was a great trip for all of us. I definitely will be back to this beautiful island. Oh – the roosters. They do not know what time it is. They crow at all hours. The only thing I would suggest for this condo is a noisy fan for each bedroom.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Gail027
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2010

When we walked into Moana Kai we felt right at home. Everything in the house was well stocked which you normally don't get. And all the furniture was very comfortable and the place was very clean. Everything you see on the website is what you get. We've rented some before where that's not the case. The view was excellent. We started our vacation watching the whales and ended it watching the Kite surfer's all from the Lanai. A short walk down the walking path was a perfect swimming beach. And then there's the rooster's. They are a part of the Island with history. I wouldn't change anything about this place. Until we meet again Moana Kai.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Oregon, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2009

AlohaCondos.com,
I just have to say, thank you! I have stayed at the Moana Kai Beach House with Aloha Condos, twice (‘07,’08), and each time I found it to be the place I like best on Kauai. I felt very spoiled in the spacious (I could live there so much longer than the 3 weeks I was there!), clean, and well-furnished house. The ocean breeze flowed right through the house and bedrooms and kept it cool, even when it was really hot. Most of all, I loved the proximity to the beach! I could see it from the house and lanai and could walk across the lawn to it, carrying my chair (my husband joked that it was close enough to throw a rock in the ocean from the porch). We also loved the natural rock pool; our daughter learned to swim and snorkel in it (all the gear was there!) and Baby Beach was right there, too, as was a beautiful walking and running path along the ocean! Another plus, I was glad to be able to talk to a human when I needed to, before and during my stay. Also, the bed was comfortable (what kind was it - I want to get one). It isn’t often that I rave about the place I have stayed, but I will be back each year, for my annual trip to Hawaii. Mahalo!
Alice April (Redmond, Oregon)

• Liked — Access to ocean (view and beach), and the house itself, is amazing
  • Disliked — The moist air took getting used to (we live in a very dry climate), but my skin was great!
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2008

Moana Kai Beach House Unit B was everything I expected and then some. My husband and I took our 18 and 21 year old for one last vacation before emptying the nest. With the age of our children we would have had to get two hotel rooms so this unit became very economical for us. We also like to cook and this kitchen had everything, quality cookware, etc. Plenty of space, beautiful view, the beds were extremely comfortable. What a treat it was to stay here.

• Liked — It had everything
  • Disliked — Ferol Cats & Roosters
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
zippyringo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2008

We loved the condo. Nicely decorated an had everything you needed to feel at home. Swimming Pool and Hot tub nice bonus.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kapaa
2.2 km away
1.7 km away
Plantation Hale Suites
1.5 km away
Courtyard Kaua'i at Coconut Beach

Been to Moana Kai Beach Houses? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK