All reviews full kitchen living room coconut marketplace scenic view pools and hot tubs busy highway a great place to stay central location lydgate beach park beds were comfortable home away from home kuhio highway the main highway air conditioner upon check grocery store north side
Reviewed 18 October 2016

I checked into the Plantation Hale hotel, Front desk was very courteous and very informative, received my keys and was directed to my room. Unloaded my things and relaxed. I have King bed and there is a pull out sofa. Kitchen has every thing you need. Bathroom has all your needs. Two TV's was a plus. Lots of room and a lanai area. Next door there is a Longs Drug Store which is equivalent to CVS and yes you can use your CVS card, which is another plus. Grocery stores, restaurants,churches, beaches are within a walking distant or a short drive. It is very affordable and worth staying. All you need to do is buy your grocery and you are good to go. I will return. Aloha!

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side Bldg K is convient to Long's Drug store.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank hulagirl01
Eric N, Manager at Plantation Hale Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2016

Aloha,

Thank you for your all the positive feedback of Plantation Hale Suites. Thanks again for giving us a 5 star rating... I will be sharing your positive feedback to the staff, which I am sure they will love. Look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the garden isle.

Eric N.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Great customer service. Isn't the most updated but has wifi, clean rooms with hide-a-bed in the living room, a breakfast bar and a table to sit and eat. Flat screen tv and the best part (being a women and picky) a place to get ready in the bathroom that separates the toilet and shower.

Walking distance to the ocean and close to good eats and stores in downtown Kapa'a!

Room Tip: Books quickly! Enjoyed our time and entertained friends while staying because of the separate living room and kitchen! :)
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank CelinaKnows

Aloha,

I was glad to read that you liked the one bedroom suite with pull out sofa, centralized location, and awesome staff. We hope you return to the island real soon. Look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Kauai.

Eric N.

Reviewed 7 October 2016

We have been to Plantation Hale a number of times over the decades. For the price, it is a good deal. Centrally located, you can take a 15 minute walk to the supermarket, and a short walk to the ocean. It is right across the street from the Coconut Marketplace. (However, as of late September, the Marketplace is currently undergoing major construction and most (not all) of the shops are closed).

We enjoyed our stay as it was quiet and peaceful. We also made use of the fully equipped kitchen which kept our food bill reasonable. The pool was very clean and grounds are kept in very nice shape. Parking was never a problem and the air conditioner worked fine in keeping our unit comfortable. The furnishings were nice and in good shape as was the large flat screen TV.

We were sad to see that the large open area across from the units facing the ocean had been blocked off by a wooden wall. Apparently, some hotel chain has bought the property and is going to build on it. So far, no construction has taken place and hopefully they will lose interest and donate it to the people of Kauai as a park.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PHL C
Eric N, Manager at Plantation Hale Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2016

Aloha,

Thank you for posting your review and rating us 4 stars. I am glad you enjoyed the fully equipped kitchens, beautiful grounds, and newly updated look of the units. Look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Kauai.

Reviewed 1 October 2016

Pool was closed, room was dirty (hair in the shower, garbage disposal was stinking up the room, and also there were crackers on the couch) when we arrived. We extended one day bc it was easier than moving hotels, and they didn't even make our beds.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Eric N, Manager at Plantation Hale Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2016

Aloha,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. I do apologize that you were not informed that we were doing needed upgrades to one of the three pools that we have on property - which is slated to be completed by the end of the week. Regarding the cleanliness of your room, I will be speaking with the Housekeeping Manager and sharing with her your comments and concerns. We try to work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. Again I apologize as we try to work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

Very disappointed, 1 of 3 pools closed right in front of our room. Our friends on other side of building have a view of a wall hiding the construction of a Hyatt. Carpet is stained and wall air conditioner is barely cooling the condo. It vents to bedroom which isn't doing a great job either.
Parking is limited when you return in the evening.
Waiting to see how construction noise is tomorrow, Monday.
Furnishings are in good shape but not sure I would stay here again. I can put up with most of that since you aren't in your room much, BUT, the cleaning is not very good as you can see.
It is in a very congested part of Kaua'i, which puts a lot of things within walking distance, however I can hear the cars on the highway in the distance.
Once pool is fixed and carpet and room were scrubbed it wouldn't be bad, however, request not to be first floor on construction wall side.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cyndi E
Eric N, Manager at Plantation Hale Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2016

Aloha,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. I do apologize that you were not informed that we were doing needed upgrades to one of the three pools that we have on property - which is slated to be completed early next week. Again I apologize as we try to work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.