New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Plantation Hale Suites

Plantation Hale Suites
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Kapaa
Toronto, Canada
“A place you can call home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

This was my first trip to Kauai. The plantation Hale is centrally located in Kappa. There are numerous market places and fantastic restaurants within walking distances. The suits are just fantastic, they are similar to a one bedroom condo. The units are fully furnished and there is a full kitchen (minus a dishwasher). The bedroom was large and the beds were comfy. The washroom area was a little cozy. There is laundry facilities within each of the buildings.

There are two areas with swimming pools and hot tubs, there is also a section for you to bbq !!
It definitely felt like my second home, the suites are warm and welcoming. The staff were very helpful and friendly, great customer service.

The suits are not directly on the beach, it is a two minute walk to beach. However, there are some swimable areas and a few rocky sections as well. Overall, the beach was decent. There are some great beaches a few miles away, that are just fantastic.
For those who love the outdoor activities, there are lots to do close by. For instance, you can jog along the path of the coconut coast or even rent a bike and ride. There are many hiking trails that are close by and kayak trips in the grotto area.
I was also fortuante enough to get the deal with a free car rental, having the car added to the vacation, it allowed me to explore the the island.
I completely enjoyed my stay and would definitely return there in a heart beat.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank Jinna_11
John D, General Manager at Plantation Hale Suites, responded to this review, 1 June 2012
Aloha Jinna_11. We are so pleased you found a home on your first trip to our beautiful island. I have shared your review with the team, we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.Mahalo for your business.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Bozeman, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

I tacked on a few extra days in Kauai to a planned trip in Oahu and elected to stay at teh Plantation Hale because of it's central location and package deal where they included a rental car with the hotel reservation. The stay, hotel, rental car was next to perfect.
I had never been to Kauai before, and staying Kapaa worked out great. It's probably a 45 minute drive to the NaPali coast and maybe an hour to Waimea canyon. There is no great beach in immediate area, for me that wasn't a huge deal, though it may be for some. Kapaa itself is adorable, just behind Princeville/Hanalei in the cuteness factor, but with a ton more dining options.
Plantation Hale would be great for families on a budget, as each suite has a fully outfitted kitchen large living room that opens up to a lanai, large bedroom with 2 double beds. Way more space than I needed, but it was great. Free wireless too, which is key. My room was clean and well kempt. I would come back here to stay without question.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank Strigs8
John D, General Manager at Plantation Hale Suites, responded to this review, 19 May 2012
Aloha Strigs8. Thank you so much, we are so pleased you had a wonderful stay with us especially since it was your first visit to Kauai. I have shared your comments with our team. Our new Suite and Car package has become quite popular. I agree we have some great restaurant choices in the area. I do hope you tried the Hukilau Lanai across the walk from us, it is wonderful. I am a former mid-westerner myself. I was born and raised in Michigan. I love Wisconsin, spent many vacations there. We look forward to seeing you again very soon. Have a Safe and Happy Memorial Day week. Mahalo for your business.
West Hollywood, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012

This place is great. The suites feel more like condos than hotel rooms. It is a beautiful setting and my room had amazing ocean views. The staff was super friendly and attentive to my many needs. It's in close proximity to great food, shopping and tons of outdoor activities. If you're looking for a great hike, I'd suggest Sleeping Giant. It's amazing and super close to the hotel.The price was perfect and I couldn't really ask for anything more from a hotel. Already making plans to go back in June. 2 thumbs up for sure!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank Craig024
Irvine, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

Stayed here for our honeymoon a short while back. the hotel is really not anything special, think of it as an upscale motel with condo style rooms, but it's pretty "homey". has a couple of small pools and internet kiosk near the front desk. they were doing some outdoor renevations at the time I don't remember what that was about, but the place probably looks nicer on the outside than it did at the time. the nearby shopping center is convenient to walk around and get a bite to eat, buy a t shirt, get some ice cream or shave ice, or pop in for a drink. There is an upscale bar/restaurant across the street in the Beachboy hotel if you want something upmarket that's close.

Honestly, though we didn't feel like the room was anything special (typical 3.5 star) it's nice to have a full kitchen and fridge. I think our room wasn't super clean when we got there, we either requested additional maid service or switched rooms but I can't recall. But overall it was pretty good. At the end of the day, the location for us was completely ideal. Though Kauai isn't considered that large compared to some of the other islands, this hotel is pretty much dead center along the main road, so everything you might want to get to is a reasonable driving distance within an hour or less.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank bri719
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012 via mobile

A good friend recommended Plantation Hale but being stubborn I looked for other deals. After gasping at prices and advertised deals at other hotels that didn't exist, we broke down and called Plantation Hale. Patti was so friendly and the price fantastic we booked immediately. Great choice! Condo for a bargain motel price! It's an older place but clean, staff is wonderful and a great location. We will be back! My wife and I felt at home amount friends. Almost want to give a bad review because we want it to be our little secret! Plantation Hale will be our only home away from home on Kauai! We even left Patti a bottle of wine in appreciation, and she mailed us a thank you card! You don't get that personal touch from many anymore. Love you guys!

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank zaphod92065
John D, General Manager at Plantation Hale Suites, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Aloha zaphod92065. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us at Plantation Hale and I do thank you for taking the time to recognize Patti, and our staff. We truly have a team that goes the extra mile to make our guests feel at home. Later this year over 60 of our suites will get a brand new look with a million dollar renovation. The new look is very nice. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon. Mahalo for your comments, and your business.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kapaa
0.5 km away
2.7 km away
Hotel Coral Reef
Hotel Coral Reef
#9 of 11 in Kapaa

Been to Plantation Hale Suites? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK