We found Plantation Hale after being evacuated from our previous hotel during the early March flooding. It was not flooded, it was dry, it had electricity and a bed and that was all we asked the first night.
In the morning, we discovered a pleasant kitchen, comfortable living room, balcony, plenty of storage and a blissfully hot shower. (This was the only week on Kauai that knee socks and hip waders were appropriate!)
Checked out of our former lodgings, moved into the Plantation and felt at home. It's got a comfortable ambiance, unpretentious and easy, that was welcoming. The kitchen worked well (although the knives badly need sharpening!) and we cooked a couple of lovely meals there.
Our original reservations had been for the North Coast, so when the flooding there subsided, we packed up and headed north. BIG mistake. Should have trusted my instinct and stayed where we were comfortable, walking the beaches, eating fish and fruit.
All our staff interactions were excellent: warm, helpful, and professional. We would like to suggest that some work be done on the sliding door tracks (patio and closet) and thought the air conditioner setup pretty jerry-rigged but other reviews indicate this may be in the works.
Would we stay here again? You betcha! You should too, if you want a clean, relaxed, non-fancy place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Plantation Hale Suites is located in the heart of Kauai on the scenic Royal Coconut Coast and steps away from Waipouli Beach. Enjoy spacious one bedroom suite accommodations (738 sq ft) with the finest amenities such as full kitchens and private lanais. Suites sleep up to six people. High speed Wi Fi,Flat Screen LCD TV's with Cable (60 preimum channels)Blu-Ray DVD, Movie library,350 DVD's. Planation Hale has three outdoor pools,(4)picnic and BBQ areas, whirlpool spas, Shuffle Board. The resort offers several restaurants, full Concierge and Activities Desk, mini market, ATM, and a SPA. Located nearby, Golf, Tennis, Horseback Riding, Wailua River and Kayaking,Opaeka'a Falls, Waimea Canyon, Hiking Trails. Kauai's best location and value. great for a romantic getaway, or a family vacation. Our dedicated staff welcomes you with the true Aloha spirit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Plantation Hale Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Hale Hotel Kapaa
- Best Western Kapaa
- Kapaa Best Western
- Plantation Hale Suites Kauai/Kapaa