“Beautiful”

Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Kapaa
Cambridge, Canada
“Beautiful”
Reviewed 20 January 2012

We stayed here over New Year's 2012 and we were so pleased! We booked through hotwire and got a fantastic deal. Our unit was quite dated, but very clean and had every we needed and more. The location is fantastic, the beach and grounds are lovely and we had a wonderful time

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lizbethminv
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 9 January 2012

We stayed here for a week over the holidays with another couple
They got - unit (532)completely remodeled 2 Bedroom 2 bathrooms complete with stickers still on pot and styrofoam packing in dishwasher, 2 Lanai's and bedroom facing ocean.

We got - Unit (526) dirty shag carpet, someone's panties on the floor in the closet, broken closet door, broken screen door, more dust than CSI Las Vegas, dirty fridge, broken toaster, paint peeling off of bathroom walls, bedroom walls, closet doors.

Went to hear the ocean in my ocean front condo when I went to bed instead got a baby screaming underneath my unit and the noise from other units as our bedrooms were at the back of the unit away from the ocean.

I went to complain and was told that some units are remodeled some are not. Our friends called our unit "RUSTIC" and suggested that we hang out in their unit and watch one of the 2 flatscreen tv's instead of our VCR/DVD combo crt tv from the 1990's.

We I checked out I told the manager about my concerns and she seemed shocked and wondered why I did not complain earlier, I told her I did and the manager asked the front desk clerk was I was not moved to another unit, The clerk said because it was a late check-in. I checked in at 3:30 pm in the afternoon not exactly a late check in but a dishonest and lying desk clerk.

Be warned - a beautiful property with a nice pool, webber gas bbq's and great views but some units are substandard and not worth the money.

I paid the same as my friend's unit but they did not have the disrepair and geckos living in their unit.

Room Tip: A great place if you get a remodeled room, make sure bedroom is on the front otherwise you will not...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank BobbyO4
Redwood City, California
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Lae Nani is located in the Coconut Coast section of Kauai (the Wailua/Kapaa area), our favorite area of the Island. The location gives you flexibility to go north up to Princeville/Hanalei or south to Poipu within half an hour depending on weather conditions. The local beaches are also very nice. The area is not nearly as congested and commercialized as either Princeville or Poipu. It fits what we like about the Island perfectly.

While there are a number of good accommodation options along the Coconut Coast (we owned a condo in one of the other complexes for a number of years), our current favorite is the Lae Nani. The units and grounds are well kept, and all the units have spectacular ocean views. There is a beautiful, large grass area between the buildings and the a small beach, as well as a nice swimming pool. I cannot imagine anyone being disappointed with the Lae Nani.

I would strongly recommend that you book units at the condo directly with the owners (e.g., VRBO or other websites) rather than through Outrigger or Castle Resorts. You'll generally save 25%-50% on your condo cost, and a large percentage of the units are now handled on this basis (the cost to condo owners of using the Outrigger service is evidently exorbitant).

Room Tip: We generally prefer second & third floor rooms -- better views, nice ocean breezes.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank ghsfcal
Reviewed 29 December 2011

stayed at outrigger Lae Nani during Christmas, had 2nd floor unit 421--wonderful,clean spacious.Big living room but only one tv in condo.This was only a problem with my grandson's. I booked oceanview which was in front of the lawn and the ocean. Looks exactly like the pictures online. Groceries are on the expensive side but for 5 people I'm sure we saved mony.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank GRAMGIRL
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 28 November 2011

The apartment (214) was spacious, well furnished,and very clean. Lounge was really comfortable and fans kept the whole place cool and airy. There were shops and restaurants both on the left and right hand side of the property within 5 minutes wallking distance. The enclosed rock pool is a great idea especially for young children to swim in safety. Beautiful gardens which are well maintained. Housekeeping was efficient and staff were helpful. Will book the same apartment if we return.

Room Tip: Book a ground floor apartment for fast access to the pool and beach and well kept grounds
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Barry J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kapaa
0.3 km away
1.0 km away
Courtyard Kaua'i at Coconut Beach
1.2 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Kauai Wailua Bay

Been to Lae Nani? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK