Kapaa Shores
Plantation Hale Suites(Kapaa)(Great Value!)
US$ 296
US$ 282
Official Website
US$ 402
US$ 376
  • Pool
Kauai Shores Hotel(Kapaa)(Great Value!)
US$ 244
Travelocity
US$ 405
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
All reviewswindows open and fanssound of the wavesstreet noisethe trade windsscreen doorgreat oceangrounds are beautifulnorth sidefull kitchenbreezelanaicomplexbeachescondorelaxationislandfurnishings
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 November 2010

We are enjoying our time at Kapaa Shores. It is centrally located with easy access to stores, restaurants and sights to see.
I was concerned about the review that said they had a break in. That need not be a major concern to anyone even on the ground floor where we spent our first night. Never leave windows open when they allow easy access to the room. The condo provides a bar that allows you to leave the sliding glass door open. It is an opening of about 4-6 inches which no one can climb through. Believe me, no one can get the door open farther.
Front desk was very helpful in getting us an upper room with a wonderful view, but, I would not have been concerned to stay on the ground level.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MLTMarie
Reviewed 21 July 2010

On our last night (am on 7/16/2010) someone removed the screen from the living room window, placed patio chair to the window and climbed in while we were sleeping. They also covered the motion sensor light on the patio. They took our laptop from the breakfast bar with wifi plug, and my purse which was under the night stand beside me. They did not take the credit cards or ID, thank God. The police said they had been in this unit before. The desk clerk said it had been robbed in April. So why no security warning or bars on the window? This was building C-room 127, on the end on the ground floor next to the ocean. I have found several more break in reports on the internet for this timeshare. There is nothing more scary than knowing someone came in during the night while you slept even though you locked both doors and put the wooden stick in the slider.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
9  Thank alohasuzieq
Reviewed 7 December 2008

Kapaa Shores is at a great location on the Island of Kauai. It is located on the east side of the island halfway between the north and south side making it easy to travel to anywhere on the island.

Kapaa Town where it is located is a great town in itself. It offers plenty of shopping and lots of restaurants to choose from, along with some great swimming locations. Kealia beach is wonderful, it is a big clean beach with plenty to watch but not overly busy. The water can be a little rough so be sure to watch water conditions.

As for the Hotel itself, the unit I stayed in was a one bedroom, one bath, full kitchen, living area and a small eating area. My lanai was facing the ocean which was wonderful. The rooms where very clean and the people who worked there where very nice and helpful. The hotel provided grills which was great after a long day of adventure you can just hang out on your own lanai eating burgers, watching the waves come in. The pool and the hotel grounds where kept very nice. The pool was a little small but who needs that with the big wide ocean right outside the door.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
4  Thank Pockets33
Reviewed 21 July 2008

I recently stayed at Kapaa Shores in Kauai and had a great stay. After reading the 2 reviews on here about Kapaa shores, I was a little worried, but my family has a time share, so this place was really my only choice on where to stay. I could not have been more pleasantly surprised.

My family and I stayed in a 2 bedroom with a balcony facing out to the pool and the ocean. The front desk staff was always helpful and friendly whenever we needed directions, help booking activities, or just more beach towels. It was so nice being able to constantly hear and smell the ocean from our condo, which was clean and comfortable. The condos are in a great central location, you can even walk to the grocery store and nearby restaurants. There are plenty of things to do nearby, and if not you can just take a 30 minute drive to the north shore or Poipu on the south shore. The only thing that was a little weird to me was that the 2nd bedroom (which was actually a loft) connected to a bathroom and didn't have a door, but that's honestly my only complaint about this place.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank TravelingIsFun11
Reviewed 20 January 2008

The views and the price were great! We checked in on Friday and the first weekend was amazing. Then Monday came and we were subject to the construction going on in the unit right next to us. We were then given a notice mid-week to vacate our unit so they could spray. I had to mrequest them to wait and do this until after we checked out, which they did. But the day they were spraying the message obviously did not get passed on to the workers because the barged into our room anyway to there suprise I was standing there in my robe. We noticed some money missing and one afternoon one of the maintenance workers knocked once and let himself in before I could get downstairs and he was suprised to see me. He came up with a lame excuse that he needed to see how the dryer vent was hooked up. After that we checked out, came home and called Gardne Isle Properties and they refunded 1/2 of our week back to us. If I didn't love Kauai so much I would say it was awful. But hey, you are in paradise. I just won't stay there again. Your better off at the Marriot in Lihue or the one in Poipu.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank hmmjem123