“Great Dive Shop and Training”

Kauai Rebreather and Technical
Ranked #8 of 14 things to do in Kalaheo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Our instructors are PADI and IANTD certified to teach all levels of Scuba diving and Rebreather diving including technical dive training from advanced nitrox to expedition trimix. We offer small class atmosphere for the "never have tried, but really want to" to the "seasoned and looking for something new" divers. Our company leads the way in diver safety and dive emergency training with in water recompression and hyperbaric treatment.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage
Reviewed 25 May 2016 via mobile

Not just a technical shop but they do offer many technical classes. Try a rebreather it is a great way to capture pictures!

Open Circuit welcome!

"safety"
"company"
"turtles"

Reviewed 14 April 2016

I will only dive with Kauai Rebreather and Technical. Don't be fooled by the name. Mike is an excellent instructor and I have had great experiences diving with him and his staff over the past 3 years as a beginner and now after receiving my Advanced Open Water Certification. I have already planned a trip for next year and will be scheduling more dives with KRT. Mike has given me great advice about advancing my certifications and how I can save money diving. Not only did I have a wonderful time, but while receiving my AOW Cert I felt challenged and safe. Mike has great knowledge of the island and especially Koloa Landing

1  Thank andyarena70
Reviewed 14 February 2016 via mobile

My wife and I just completed our Poseidon rebreather course with Mike. We have known and dove with him for many years. With Mike's knowledge the switch from open circuit scuba to closed circuit rebreather was rapid and exciting. What a thrill to be swimming among the fish without bubbles to bother them
And staying under for 2+hours is a new experience. Really the next step for open water technical diving too.
We recommend spending time with Mike and his diving family. Enjoy!

Reviewed 26 January 2016 via mobile

While preparing to do a self guided dive at Koloa landing my wife and I met Mike from Kauai Rebreather and Technical. We chatted him up on local conditions and the dive site. Mike was friendly and happy to share knowledge on the reef as well as the local diving.

Although he specializes in rebreather and tech diving they work with Divers Of all levels.

If you are needing advanced dive training or advanced mixed gases I recommend you contact Mike… Let him know his friends from Texas sent you.

2  Thank Grant W
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 January 2016

I got my scuba diving certification done by Mike through Kauai Rebreather and Technical. He was absolutely fabulous and so is there service. I have never been someone so patient and teaches you everything you need to know about diving. PLUS their knowledge is unbelievable. Mike pointed out every fish, turtle, etc. underwater and was able to tell me all of the names once we were done diving. They take you to the best sites to dive where you see the most amazing underwater life. I would highly recommend them, it's a must do! I've never trusted someone so must and along with that made a lifelong connection with people in Kauai now that will forever be there. They are THE best and you have to try scuba with them!

1  Thank Sammy K