“Great place for a quick little bite”

Moloaa Sunrise Fruit Stand
Ranked #4 of 9 Restaurants in Anahola
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 14
Cuisines: Seafood, Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Established in 2003 this family owned business continues to offer healthy fast foods to all. The Moloaa Sunrise Fruit Stand and Juice Bar fills the void for hungry travelers as the only food establishment between Anahola and Kilauea on the northeast corner of Kauai. Conveniently located on the ocean side of Kuhio Highway at Koolau Road, between mile markers 16 and 17, it is the only commercial establishment in the agricultural district of Moloaa. The Fruit Stand not only offers locally grown seasonal fruits and veggies (many of which are raised organically), they make fresh juices, salads, smoothies, and sandwiches. Their grilled foods, featuring burritos and tacos, are sure to please. Their fresh made coffee and espresso round out their offerings. Summer hours for the Moloaa Sunrise Fruit Stand and Juice Bar are: Monday through Saturday from 7:30 am to 5:00 pm, and Sunday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Enjoy picnic-style outdoor seating or take-away for your beach adventure.
Reviewed 28 July 2017

Got a lovely little breakkie meal: toast with avocado! Perfect meal to get the day going. Cute hut style architecture too.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

This place was on the way out of the St Regis in Princeville. We stopped in and had a decent but light breakfast. The boys were happy with their selections, and the price wasn't bad. We didn't go back again on this trip, but I would visit again in the future.

Reviewed 11 May 2017

I had a kale sandwich and it was delicious. I also had fresh coconut water right out of the shell and it was cold and delicious. This is a great place to stop for lunch or even a midday snack.

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

We were there on May 14th 2017, got a smoothie that taste just like horse poo. Very strange flavor. I asked her what would give that flavor and unsure, not even willing to make us a new one. Then we waited half hour for an Ahi sandwich. Finally got it my husband and I split it. I took one bite spit it out. Tasted as it was a rotting! My husband could not taste it? I told him it was terrible? He ate it all! 20 min later had a red rash forming over his whole body! Found out it was Scombroid!! People die from this! Thankfully he recovered. Called health Dept, they checked them out and there refrigerator was Not up to the proper cooling temp! Also might be why the smoothie was so bad? Spoiled coconut milk? I would give them a F- if I could. Just thankful my husband didn't die. Never go there if they're still in business.

1  Thank jeweltj
Reviewed 24 April 2017

Honestly some of these debbie downer reviews totally surprised me. I question if they're reviewing the right restaurant because I've not experienced any of the issues they mentioned. I come here a LOT and I've never had a mistake in my order, I've never had bland food, and it's certainly not off the beaten path (it's on the highway).

What I have had is great, fresh food every single time. I absolutely LOVE their smoothies! Out of all the smoothies I've had since living here, theirs are the ones that I really 100% taste the fruits they list in the ingredients. They're so fresh and they're some of the cheapest for the value on the island. I've also had their breakfast sandwiches, bagels, desserts, banana bread, and wraps. Everything I've had has been great, simple food that I love to tell other people about.

They can be really busy in the mornings, so you might prepare for a ten minute wait, but otherwise they're usually quick, friendly, and chill. You can buy lots of healthy beverages and fresh fruit on top of their homemade fare and the outdoor setting is very relaxing (minus the chickens, but hey, it's Kauai). One reviewer said it was dirty and I'm not sure I agree. It is outdoors, so there is naturally a little dust and people walk in and out but it's not filthy at all and anyone should feel comfortable sitting at their tables or side bar. I highly suggest coming here if you love healthy, fresh foods and enjoy a relaxed, tropical atmosphere.