Free cancellation until 01/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$ 252
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 318/night.

US$ 292
Hilton Waikoloa Village(Waikoloa)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$ 296
US$ 247
  • Pool
The Aeolian Residence(Waikoloa)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 30/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$ 80
US$ 636
US$ 586
Fairway Villas(Waikoloa)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsliving roomgolf coursetennis courtsfull kitchenthe big islandgated communityfront officeone bedroom unitwasher dryerlarge lanaithird floorkings shopstoilet paperbeach chairscooking utensilsshort drivecoffee maker
Reviewed 3 February 2012

We stayed at Aston Shores during Thanksgiving week 2011 with (4) adults, a one-year old and a seven year-old. Traveling with children can be uncomfortable at some nice places; not here. The units and staff were very low-key, friendly to the children and helpful to us. From the moment we arrived Danette and Char at the front desk remembered our names, suggested activities for the kids and were accommodating in all our requests. The pool was rarely filled with more than 6 or 8 people and the deck chairs were always available. The pool itself was warm, something our seven year-old appreciated after we ended the trip with 3 nights at the Hilton Waikoloa where the pools were relatively cold and the rooms noisy. The decks attached to our upper floor unit were spacious, although we never seemed to have time to use them. The second bedroom was a little small, but worked fine for two people. We cooked Thanksgiving dinner in the unit, turkey and all. It was great!
If you want a more exciting environment go to the Hilton nearby. If you want a restful vacation give this a try.

Room Tip: We stayed in an upper unit near the clubhouse and tennis court. It was quiet and secluded, yet close enough to the pool and tennis courts to be convenient but not noisy.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Steven B
JennyBT, Front Office Manager at Aston Shores at Waikoloa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2012

Aloha from the Big Island!

Thank you very much for posting your review on TripAdvisor! I know it has been a little while for this response, but it is never too late for me to say Thank You to our customers. You have met my wonderful team members. They have been employed here for a while and are very good at making everyone feel right at home including children! Thank you for spending your Thanksgiving holiday with us! We love when people come here for special occasions....warms our hearts to know that you and your family have chosen to spend it at The Shores.

When you are ready to return to The Shores please do not hesitate to call on me or any of my team members. We will be very happy to assist you or your family/friends with any future accommodations here.

Mahalo Nui Loa,
(Thank you very much!)
Jenny Tolentino

Reviewed 14 January 2012

I will be brutally honest. I admire this place and love the people. I love buying my food at the local market and cooking it, as I get tired of restaurant food after after while. They have 18 Weber Grilles with propane on the premises for grilling. I love that. I always meet somebody interesting while grilling. While there, I mistakenly left the condo phone off the hook. My family tried to call me for an emergency. My cell was dead. They called the front desk who called the maintenenance crew to fix my phone and notify me that the phone was off the hook! What service! Even if you stay here, you will have priveleges for golf, Hilton, Marriott, etc. Stay here and make your stay comfortable. Now for the bad: because this place is less expensive, sometimes the local Kamaiania (Hawaiians from other islands) book here and take over the pool. Their kids can be brats. Just dont take gruff from the tatttood ones. Act like you are an owner too and tell them that their bratty local kids are little brats. Other than that, I love this place!!!!

Room Tip: Dont stay near the pool! Too Loud with Kamaina kids. Golf course close!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Kimo688889
Reviewed 9 January 2012

We stayed at Ashton Shores for Christmas 2011 and were very pleased with our booking! This was our first visit to the islands and the first time we stayed at Ashton Shores. The location was just what we were looking for in a resort town with all the amenities but a short distance from the attractions of Kona. We checked-in in under 5 minutes and playing in the glistening pool in under an hour. Both Char and Danette exhibited outstanding customer service with warm greetings and prompt response to our needs. The grounds were gorgeously maintained and more authentic than the neighboring resorts. Our room was a bit aged but very well maintained and equipped with everything we needed. The office even loaned us boogie boards and snorkel gear for our stay! We appreciated how quiet the resort was allowing for restful nights after all our daily play. In our short time there we visited the volcano, tropical gardens, kayaked, cliff jumped, snorkeled, boogie boarded, saw several turtles and swam with the dolphins. I would highly recommend Ashton Shores if you are looking for a HOME base while visiting Hawaii!

Room Tip: We had a bottom unit with a large view of the golf course and a large outside lawn perfect for play with our kids.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Christal M
Reviewed 25 December 2011

If you look too closely, you can see that the suite is old. There is rust, peeling paint, loose railing. In spite of this, the property has been well maintained, and it is clean and very comfortable. Our suite has a large, king size bedroom, two bathrooms, a sunny, open living room surrounded on two side by a spacious lanai. The kitchen is well equipped, complete with dishwasher and in suite washer and dryer.

Housekeeping comes in daily to change towels, empty garbage and make beds.

You can be completely self contained on your visit to the Big Island. We stocked the fridge, bought a cheap styrofoam cooler and loaded up for each day's adventure.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank baloovancouverbc
Reviewed 23 December 2011

We stayed 6 nights in the pre-Christmas period, 2011.
Location: Centrally placed along the Kohala coast. Closest beach is A-bay (ask for how to get to the public beach-access parking, it is not well signed) is good for swimming/lounging, but other great beaches (example, Hapuna, beach 69) are <10 minutes away). Not right on the water, if that is what you are looking for, but many restaurants in 15 minute walking distance.
Ambiance: We had an upper-floor unit, and when you walk in you have a wonderful impression of space and peace. Very large units with huge living/dining/kitchen area and enormous master batch. The living room furniture in our unit was a little run down and uncomfortable, and the kitchen was a little under-equipped (prevented the Excellent rating).
Service: There was daily towel service, to our surprise. Problems dealt with rapidly.
Amenities: Nice (average size) pool. Hot spa was inoperative while we were there. There are tennis courts too.
Overall: This would be a great place to share with two couples, or with a family.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple