All reviews outdoor fireplace hot tub national park b bs living room the big island caretaker cottage shower mosquitoes sanctuary rain seclusion groceries mattress house milk
Reviewed 6 September 2017

The cottage is absolutely magical. Its private, the details are really special and the general amenities beat any hotel. It is the most romantic place I've ever seen and the longer you stay and look around, the more there is to discover. The hot tub was the highlight followed by the outdoor shower and outdoor fireplace. The cottage came stocked with breakfast and coffee, and more. I didn't want to leave!

Date of stay: September 2017
1  Thank Sarah H
Reviewed 17 May 2017

My husband and I had the privilege of staying at this special home for 3 nights. It is tucked away and very quiet and private, but also very conveniently located close to Volcano National Park and only a mile away from Volcano Village and it's shops and restaurants. The cottage was immaculate and extremely well-appointed. We loved the outdoor shower and hot tub, and used both fireplaces during our stay. We even got to meet Paul upon our arrival- he was as lovely and friendly in person as he was via email. I had looked a lots of B&B and rental options for this portion of our trip and I am so glad we decided to stay at Volcano Mist. Highly recommend this lovely retreat!

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank actravelgirl
VolcanoMist, Owner at Volcano Mist Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

Mahalo for your kind words! Janet and I do not often get to meet our guests, preferring to get our work done early and enabling them to enter a pristine property in absolute privacy. However, we were working overtime that day, with me trying to keep the rainforest at bay (it's an immense and lush 'garden') and I was just finishing up as a young, smiling couple drove up, happy that they had finally arrived at their chosen destination. It was a true "Aloha Spirit" moment for all of us!

Reviewed 5 March 2017

Only 3 miles from Volcano National Park so easy to go see the lava flows day and night. And the cottage...lovely and secluded with private hot tub and outdoor shower. It's for couples only, just the one bedroom that only fits a queen bed. Two fireplaces, one outside and one inside. It was classy, nothing cheap. They've thought of everything- laundry detergent, bug spray, all the kitchen utensils you need, coffee, milk, etc. We were lucky enough to be there on a Sunday for the local farmers market 3 minutes away. Also enjoyed the Thai restaurant and seeing the glass blower studio nearby. Even in the rain, was a cozy place to be. Highly recommend!

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

This is a hideaway that's at a secluded end of an avenue leading off from the volcano village area. It's privacy and sense of peace and quiet is unparalleled in my experience till now. My husband and I absolutely revelled in the romantic misty and forested surroundings. The luxurious outdoor jacuzzi was a welcome balm to sore muscles. Enough thanks cannot be owed to the owners for loaning this beautiful cottage for others to enjoy! The gentle and completely unobtrusive presence of the caretaker in a neighbouring cottage is a good support. The interior of the cottage is also very comfortably and tastefully furnished.

Date of stay: August 2016
2  Thank S M
Reviewed 4 November 2016

Mahalo for a wonderful stay at your Wahi Malie (place of calmness).

We enjoyed hiking and other activities during the day and then retreated to the Volcano Mist Cottage in the evenings.

We loved the secluded outdoor hot tub.

We got takeout food from Thai Thai close by in Volcano Village and enjoyed it on the covered lanai while we listened to the peaceful sounds of the songbirds in the rain forest and warmed up with the outdoor fireplace.

Volcano Mist Cottage is tucked away in complete seclusion.
What a great way to renew, refresh, and "recharge."
Highly recommended!