“Friendly staff. Fair for overnight stay” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kamuela Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Waimea
Kamuela Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Waimea
San Francisco
“Friendly staff. Fair for overnight stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

Place has friendly staff. David was helpful giving me directions on the phone. I came in around 7pm. I believe check in is by 8pm. I was surprised that a front desk closes. It was good I called just before the evening manager went off. The rooms are small but for an overnight it is fine. There are rooms with kitchenettes and just basic rooms. Yes there is rust and old furniture and dated but it was clean for me. The closet has a curtain that you use to cover it and the walls have paneling. The bathroom window was open when I arrived so I closed the windows. I guess to try to decrease the dampness. The windows you can see into(bathroom as well) so the curtains need to be closed for privacy. The grounds are quiet and clean. Yes the TV is small but it worked fine. The door is not very secure. The key took the evening desk manager and me later at night awhile to get in the room. I thought I was going to be locked out. Small soap provided but I did not get shampoo. I think you have to ask for a hair dryer. I did not have one in the room. There was no alarm clock in the room. I am not sure if you have to ask for one. I found out later it states that on the web site. I was not told this when I checked in. The breakfast I thought was good. They had some homemade banana bread, some slices of melon and strawberry, hot water for noodle soup(Asian style breakfast), quick Quaker oats,cold cereal, of course coffee and tea, and waffles that you put in toaster. They had some homemade jam they were selling you could use on the waffle or bread. The breakfast room had a TV you could watch while having breakfast and also there were board games. I guess you could borrow them on rainy days. The rooms are so small you would have to play in the breakfast room. The place was close to a shopping center and major market. It is about a 25-30 minute drive to Waipio Valley. It is about 35-40 to the resorts on the west side of the island (the Waikoloa) region. The evening manager said that many of the guests are workers on the nearby ranches.

Room Tip: bottom floors where cars come in and out. Top floor you would not have this issue.I did not see and...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank irishtea3
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
oakland, ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

Seemed very reasonably priced. The room was small, but nice. We liked the breakfast. The staff was very helpful to us, esp. David who clued us in to some wonderful snorkeling and sights to see. First floor room faces the parking lot and occasionally a car would pull in at night with the lights being a small bother. Truthfully this is exactly the kind of hotel my wife and I like to stay at. Many local workers, construction and otherwise, felt the same and came to stay while away from their homes. Easy walk around the town from this hotel with many good places to eat.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor and I think we would try the second floor in the future. We will be ba...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank raleighmclemore
Hamburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

Nothing fancy, plain but ok. A bit pricey for what you get. Food at breakfast was fair - should have more fresh fruit which is not really expensive in Hawaii and would make the breakfast sooooo much better. Ok for short stay and if not in room much.

Room Tip: They do have a suite which might be better than the rooms
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ann S
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

This is exactly what we were looking for! In town for a wedding... We live in south kona. Friendly staff, great location, clean rooms... Cute & charming!!

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank shescrafty43
uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

Advantages:
* very good coffee for breakfast
* good breakfast
* free wifi in the room
* a lot of parking places
* quiet
* very friendly and helpful staff
* price
* 10 miles to the Hapuna Beach
* close to shopping centers
* private bathroom

Disadvantages:
* small room (but it is fine if you just need a place to sleep)
* the room would need some renovation

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank m j
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waimea
15.8 km away
Jacaranda Inn
#4 of 8 in Waimea
20.9 km away
Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii

Been to Kamuela Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK