“Adequate and reasonable place to stay”
Review of Kamuela Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Waimea
Kamuela Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Waimea
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I am working right now at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park as a volunteer at the other end of the island and stayed here one night in order to do the horseback trip at Parker Ranch and visit the beach. I don't know why this is called a B&B; in my definition it is a basic motel. The grounds are attractive and the rooms adequately furnished and are clean, but the " breakfast " is really minimal. As others have noted, due to inadequate curtains in the windows, which could make for questionable privacy and the outside lights shining into the bedroom, make for my major fault with the place. Otherwise, it is fine - not luxurious, but the point is, for $89, this is a good value. One does not have to pay an arm and a leg to stay in Hawaii.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank EAZELIFF
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Kamuela Inn

Reviewed 17 January 2012

The stench upon opening our room door should have deterred us from staying, but it was late and we were desperate. The room was tiny, dark, old, musty and poorly furnished. The TV was about 40 years old and tiny as well. I'm a size 1 and barely fit into the bathroom. We left a night early instead of staying as booked and were told to expect a partial refund, but a number of weeks later I was still not refunded my money. When I called I was told that I would only receive half of what I was promised, yet even that has still not shown up on my credit card statement. Truly disappointing experience.

2  Thank TS L
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Ok so its not a ocean front suite at the Mauna Kea, but we stayed here one night and really enjoyed it. The staff is friendly, free parking, nice breakfast in the morning and shopping and good eats nearby. 15 minutes to Hapuna beach - for the price you cannot find a better spot close to Kona!

2  Thank LivinGreat808
Reviewed 9 December 2011

this place is ok for one night even though I had supposedly booked two nights by email they "lost" my reservation, they did have a room available but I think it was one of the last. Room was clean but very basic. The hot water for the sink was disabled?? We were out late on Mauna Kea and came back to a packed parking lot; the only spot we could find was so tight I climbed over the console to get out the passenger side.( and vice versa in the morning) the "continental breakfast" was straight from Costco, if you're gluten free you can skip it. We turned in the key and went back to Kailua for our 2nd night.

1  Thank Green-Timber-gal
Reviewed 14 November 2011

The Inn is in a quite enclave off the main roads. Rooms are pleasantly furnished and very clean. The price is very attractive. A great value for money!

Room Tip: Get a room in the new wing.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank PatioPete
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waimea
15.7 km away
20.9 km away
Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii
21.7 km away
Mauna Lani Bay Hotel & Bungalows

Been to Kamuela Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK