All reviews charming place small town definitely stay here again central location big island
Reviewed 25 January 2018

Ok, it is a cheap hotel, it's clean, and that's about it. You have the resident chickens running around. The beds are 2 box springs(basically), but it is clean and the price is right. They should do something about the curtains also- too small for the window opening.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2017

Wasn't expecting much as I didn't pay much. Good for a quick night stop after a late flight into Kona and heading to Hilo the next day. Only real complaint I have that can be easily fixed...either bleach or throw out the shower curtain...how can you NOT see the mold growing on the bottom of it?!?!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Very comfortable dwelling and Close to everything in the area: gasoline, restaurants, shopping and banking, etc. The hotel staff were very pleasant and very helpful and easy to talk to. The museum was just down the road and the weekend farmers' market venders was just behind this lodge.

Stayed: September 2017
Taisha A, Director of Operations at Waimea Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Aloha Dorcas F,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Waimea Country Lodge. We are grateful for your positive review posted on Tripadvisor, but most pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us. It's always nice to hear that our hotel is located in a good location along with having a pleasant team working at the hotel. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Want somewhere dirty and in such a bad state that it feels like the building might fall apart around you? This is it!! Mould, dirty carpets, the bathroom is do grotty... if we hadn't already paid, there's no way we would have stayed here

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Barbje

Aloha Barbje,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of the Waimea Country Lodge. Your patronage to our hotel is greatly appreciated. I'm very sorry for all that you endured and am disappointed that we failed to make your visit a pleasant one. We are committed to taking necessary steps in improving our guest services and of our aging product. I hope we will have an opportunity to regain your valued patronage in the future.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

I read the reviews, I thought people were exaggerating.

The room just hits you with that cheap hotel smell upon arrival. The sheets were dirty, to be on the safe side I slept on top of them with my clothes on. I can't even describe the carpet, seems like a murder took place here. The mattresses haven't been changed in decades.

It is extremely noisy, with chickens just outside the paper-thin windows. The curtains are also too thin, light comes in very early. There is only one light for the whole bedroom (plus the entrance light).

It seems like right out of a Hitchcock movie.

On the bright side it is well located and there is fast and free internet.

The price is very steep for what is offered, look elsewhere. Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank accrama

Aloha accrama,

Thank you for your detailed review of our hotel. Please accept my sincere apology for your unpleasant experience at the Waimea Country Lodge. I'm embarrassed to hear that your stay was less than favorable and understand your frustration. We appreciate every comment from our guests, as both positive and negative comments will be used to help us enhance our facilities and guest services. Thank you for sharing your concerns with us on Tripadvisor.