See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

Came back from work two nights in a row to no hot water, which I consider a basic function of a hotel. They said they were aware of that problem, but did nothing to resolve it. The Room smells like smokers were in there. The kitchenette floor was not clean, stray hair on floor. Too bad because it is centrally located.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

The staff was nice and pleasant to deal with. The room we stayed in had 2 queen size beds and a mini fridge.

The room was outdated and could use a major makeover. When I went to shower that night the towels were stained & even though it was probably washed, I couldn't use it. It looked like there was mud stains on both towels. I used the hand towels for most nights because if the towels weren't stained & dirty looking, it didn't dry from my morning shower. There's no heating options in the room so the wet towel was pretty cold to use (for me anyways as it was around 55-60 degrees F).

The bedding didn't keep me warm either with a flat sheet and a thin comforter... Good thing I brought my own blankets.

There was ample parking and since it's a small lodge, you an pretty much park in front of your room.

View is of the school in the back. The school was out on break when I visited but i could imagine it would be a little noisy when it is in session.

There aren't many lodging options in the area so when taking this & the pretty cheap room rate into consideration, it was a okay stay. Beats not having a place to stay. When visiting the area I would stay again. I'll just bring my own blanket and towels!

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2016

This inn, in the small town of Waimea, is centrally located near the town’s crossroads. It is located far enough from the road to escape traffic noise, but you can walk to the grocery store or a restaurant in less than 5 minutes. But we always ate breakfast in and often packed a lunch. The kitchenette is well-stocked with plates, utensils, and cookware and a small fridge. Waimea lies halfway from the east and the west coast in northern Hawaii. (You can get to the west coast in about 15 minutes, the east in 30.) This places it on a pass, so it is one of the few places that is level in Hawaii. Hawaii is a composite landmass built of 5 shield volcanoes. So, the only flat areas are the ocean itself and the strip of land halfway between 2 volcanoes. Waimea sits between Mauna Kea to the south and Kohala to the north. It is green fertile land not as deserty as the West Coast nor as jungley as the East Coast. The Parker Ranch is nearby. This is a center of Hawaiian Paniolo culture, a little bit of the West in the middle of the Pacific.
I could get down to the West Coast resort of Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel where a science conference was going on in about 20 minutes. The family stopped by at the conference venue and later told me they were glad they were in Waimea. The fancy beach resort didn’t offer the kind of things that they were most interested in, nor was it how they wanted to dress and act. Give it a shot if you’re a more informal kind of group.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2016

Dirty, stained mattresses, box springs, and comforter.
Evidence of bedbug fecal matter on one of the box springs. Didn't unpack for fear of bring bedbugs back with us.
Long term residences make it a party place for their units.
Old furniture needs updated.
I wouldn't recommend this to motel to anyone.
"Lodge" is misleading.

Date of stay: October 2016
3  Thank Rick A
Reviewed 29 October 2016

Many good restaurants nearby. Everything from Five star Merriman's to a great brew pub to McDonald's and Starbucks. Very friendly staff. Large room. Nice view out the back window of pastures, hillsides, and private school. Saturday farmers market next door.

Date of stay: October 2016