Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hurb
$943
View deal
Lol.travel
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 December 2017

Booked this unit on VRBO in the spring for a December visit. In October I got an email that the unit was sold and they were interested in handling the future reservations. I was needlessly worried that my lodging would be in jeopardy. I contacted the new owners, Marsha and Dean and they were terrific. Very friendly, helpful and interested in making sure our stay went smoothly. I am thrilled to say we had a fabulous time at their lovely new condo.

The condo is set overlooking the gold course with a nice view. The unit has a detached garage for your car and is filled with everything you can think of for the beach. Tommy Bahama chairs (the best), boogie boards, sand toys, coolers just to name a few. The unit is pleasantly decorated with comfortable bedding and towels aplenty. Including beach towels. The kitchen is very well stocked with most any appliance you would need to prepare food. The stack washer/dryer is a great addition to any trip. We were greeted with a lovely fruit basket when we arrived. The owners have thought of everything you need to have a great trip. Nice televisions, competent air conditioning, plumbing that works properly. They even have a basket of books for your reading enjoyment.

Perhaps the best thing about staying at this comfortable unit is the parking card to the Beach Club. It's one of the premier snorkeling spots on the island. Never had any problem parking even though it was one of the busiest holiday times to visit. We picked up lunch each day at the Foodland Farms right in the Mauna Lani Shops or their is the Napua Restaurant right at the beach. Also there is a very nice pool area with a big hot tub. The pool unfortunately is not heated and was quite cool. The grounds are immaculate.

Enjoyed the unit so much we are trying to book again for our next trip to the Big Island. Great location, great unit and great owner! Gotta love it!

Date of stay: December 2017
1  Thank PlanetR
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed is unit H2 at the Mauna Lani Golf Villas in a privately owned 2 bedroom 2 bath unit. This is a beautiful ground floor condo with a smaller but very private lanai that is covered and sheltered from the trade winds.

There is a comfortable king size bed in the master with lovely bed linens and ample storage in the dresser and large closet. The attached bathroom has a shower and separate tub.

Second bedroom has a queen bed with nice linens and good storage.
Second bathroom is located off the kitchen/dining area but close to the bedroom.

There is a new front load washer and dryer in unit and upgraded appliances including a fridge with ice/water in door.

There is a propane BBQ on the lanai and a round table with seating for 4. The lanai is set back so the view from the table is narrow...but still quite pretty (small grass area, lava wall, palm trees and houses in the distance). If you pull a chair out just off the edge of the lanai onto the grass you can see the sunset to the west over the golf course (9th hole). Beautiful

The condo has everything you need .... beach towels, chairs and umbrella, boogie boards, snorkel equipment, 2 small cooler bags, ice packs, etc.

The neighbors are from Manitoba and own the unit next door. They are very friendly and quiet.

There is a cold but very nice shared pool and gym located close to H2.

From what we were told, this layout is the smallest unit in the golf villas but it would be comfortable for a family of 4 or 2 couples. There are units with larger lanais but while we were on the Big Island it was extremely windy so we were happy with a sheltered area outside. If you want a lager outside area I would look for one with N or NW exposure. Just my observation during our 12 days.

Anthony, the owner was wonderful to deal with and communicated in a timely manner and was very helpful when we initially contacted him by phone to discuss his condo and the area. Our damage deposit was returned the day after we left without needing to follow up. Very organized. He has a wonderful property manager, Bennett, on site who was also helpful.

If we return to the Big Island we will absolutely rent this unit again if it’s available.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful condo with us.

Mahalo

Date of stay: December 2017
Reviewed 19 July 2017

We rented out Villa K-4 for the weekend. We had a a total of 8 people. 5 adults, 1 teen, and 2 kids. We checked in on Friday and checked out on Monday.

On our 3rd day, we had taken our kids to the pool for the first time. The only person that was there were one of the resident owners (a woman). She looked at our children with disgust and made it known that we were not wanted there. She pouted and gave us stink faces the whole time until she stormed out of the hot tub, took her stuff and left. I mean, how hard is it to share the community pool with others? Not to mention, there was a female and male (workers) outside the management office sitting in a golf cart watching us the whole time we were in the pool. For what reason? We weren't breaking any rules. Our kids were being supervised. Something wrong for just having fun with our kids in the pool? Same day, walking back from the pool, we had noticed a resident owner (male with salt and pepper hair wearing glasses) from Villa L-4 taking pictures of our vehicles. An hour later, Kona Sunsets calls and say there was a noise complaint. Mind you, we had not been in our villa for most of the time on the first 2 days/nights because of a wedding we attended. We then figured out then that the owner from Villa L-4 had called property management to complain about us. Why? For what reason? He had complained and sent a picture to management of our vehicles and said we a had too many vehicles. (We had 4 vehicles which were parked near Unit K and was NOT blocking any driveway and was parked on the side. He had complained that we had a party going on and making too much noise. (I don't recall us making "too much" noise, and if he thinks a family of 8 is a "party" then, he is delusional.) He also complained we were throwing beer cans in the bushes. (That was not us! We are locals. We malama the aina and would not disrespect in any way.) Kona Sunsets called us and told us that property management was going to come check and look into our villa (which we had no problem about it, because we were not doing anything wrong.) and threatened us and said we were either going to be fined or get kicked out. For what? For NO reason? We may not be residents here at the Golf Villas but we are paying guests and should be treated fairly.

We have stayed at many condos/villas along the coast and have never felt disrespected. NEVER again will we stay here! VERY RUDE residents! RUDE management workers!

Note: When we arrived, the ottoman's leg was broken and caretaker of owner had left the ottoman leg on top. Some of the window blinds were broken. The furniture was worn down. Appliances were low. Toilet paper was cheap. Only 1 beach towel.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank AMart808
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

I found this rental by accident. I was looking for B & Bs on the Kona Coast for our first visit to the Big Island of Hawaii. I found a B & B that seemed to good to be true: Honu Kai Bed and Breakfast. It was Wendi, co-owner of Honu Kai, who pointed out their rental condo at Mauna Lani Golf Resort. To be honest I was a little disappointed when I made the reservation--I had my heart set on Honu Kai. And then when I did access the Mauna Lani condo, the availability was limited--we'd have to find at least one more vacation rental.

Well, I needn't have worried. It turned out that when we pulled up to our condo, we were about to enter the gates of heaven (paradise is so overused on the islands!). The condo is so well appointed to the theme of a Hawaiian paradise (see, I can't help but use that description), that is almost defies words. EVERYTHING has been placed in the condo with attention to detail--from the four poster pineapple bed, to the detail of the paddles on the ceiling fans.

Not only was the condo superbly appointed, everything we could have wanted in the kitchen was there, and we're fussy about cooking and serving! I cannot forget to point out that the condo, located in a golfing paradise, was immaculate. Oh, and the owners, Wendi and Kona Dave, were terrific! We had a minor problem with the handle in one of the bathtubs, and Dave was all over it--but apparently he is invisible. We went to lunch and when we returned it had been fixed. Thank you Dave.

I think that, for the few days stay that we had at this resort, we made good use of the facilities. Snorkeling at the beach club was exceptional, and while there, we had a great lunch at the restaurant. We don't Golf, but the grounds are gorgeous--also immaculate and well groomed.

One item that helped make our stay memorable was "the book," a reference and instruction guide left in the condo anticipated every question. How thoughtful and thorough was that. But that's my point: these owners have thought of it all! From the extra special silverware to the top notch tech environment (wifi and nice large screen TVs), and the beach towels and chairs to the magnificent master bath--we quickly used up every superlative we could muster.

"Our" condo at Mauna Lani was, indeed, heaven on earth. It was a Polynesian paradise, and if we were headed to Maui next Christmas, we'd have already booked our return trip. I think I buried a piece of my heart at Mauna Lani. Thank you Wendi and Kona Dave, it truly was sublime!

Date of stay: December 2016
1  Thank KathleenNuccio
Reviewed 29 October 2016

We stayed at Mauna Lani golf resort villas before and this time was a different experience. I hope the owners of this villa read this because E4 (property 507335) is being well run by Burt and Kai. They work for Hawaii Luxury Real Estate and are worth their weight in gold. The property was in excellent condition and very clean/well maintained. We dealt with Burt and no matter how small of a question we had, he was always there. He met us at the property upon arrival and did a walk through with us. This personal touch is always appreciated instead of just leaving the keys with directions. Our flight came in early and they made it easy for us to check in a bit early and didn't make us feel like we were intruding. The property has a GEM cart that comes with it and is very convenient to take to the beach and the nearby shopping center. The location is great. It's a little more laid back than being in Kona. The added benefit with these guys is that you get to work with a concierge free of charge. Wendy Riedel, the concierge, was extremely helpful. Not only did she book us a great rate with Blue Hawaiian, she also gave us suggestions on what to do on our way to Hilo (must sees). She nailed it. It was one of our better days on the island. We will be booking with them again!

Date of stay: October 2016