Open today: 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM

from US$ 285.00
from US$ 196.87
from US$ 145.00
More Info
All reviews zip lining zipline tour adrenaline rush beautiful scenery the big island afraid of heights whole family fun experience hang upside down highlight of our trip safety segments harness alexa jonah zips dual
Reviewed 13 August 2017

9 different zip lines. The first four zips are side by side so the group moves quickly. Then there are three where you go stage to stage by yourself without waiting for the others. There are two where you go by yourself, including the last.

We had 7 in our group and finished in an hour. The tour guides were a lot of fun. Goofy and kept things light. However, we felt very secure with them.

A note is that I am scared of heights. You do end up going over some falls and are a couple hundred feet over them. For me, getting off the stand and the first two seconds or so. After that I was able to enjoy things. I had done zip lines before and they definitely get my heart racing. So, if you have never done zip lines before and are scared of heights, don't do it. However, if you are like me and can somewhat manage the fear, the views are absolutely incredible.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed 11 August 2017

Did this adventure with my husband as part of our Honeymoon. My husband recommended it after having done the same zipline when he traveled to Hawaii in 2008.

Very fun and thrilling adventure. The setting for this zipline is incredible, you crisscross over beautiful waterfalls as you zip down 9 lines, and there are gardens with fruit trees through out the run. We were a little short on time, double booked ourselves and were not able to stay after and stroll through the gardens, if we could do it again I would have left a little more time.

Safety is a priority for Umauma falls, you start the tour with 3 guides and they stick with you the whole time. They clip you in and out of the lines so all you have to do is enjoy the ride. Umauma falls, does take pictures and will sell them to you or rent you a GoPro from them for a fee. They do allow you to bring and use your own devices on the lines, I would highly recommend a safety strap though.

The place was a bit of a drive from where we were staying in Kona, but we thought it was worth the drive. The drive also allowed us to see more of the island.

Don't forget the sunscreen.

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

I was a little afraid to zip line but after reading the reviews and closely examining the photos, I decided to give it a try with my friends and family. This included two 17 year old girls. I must say this excursion was one of my favs! Brandon, Darian, Robin and several other tour guides and lifeguards were not only very careful in securing equipment, but they were also very personable. I have two bad knees and they constantly were giving me a hand up from each zip line, as well as, helping me get to the waterfall pool. Guys. If you do anything, do this zip line!!! Amazing views of waterfalls as you go over the canopies of the jungle. They say do not bring your cell phone for pictures but I'm glad I did! Bring it!!! The equipment and landings were well built and safe. No ladders here! You must do the dip! Great cliff jumps and there is a lifeguard that will scale the rocks and help you to get comfortable with the fast flowing waterfalls for picture opportunities and fun! We used Stand-Up boards and they even have a floating island for those who just want to relax. Where water shoes for sure. WELL WORTH THE PRICE! Please tip as well. Others were using floats and kayaks. There were only 10 of us who signed up for the dip so we had the place to ourselves. Cons: when coming to a stop on the zip line, there is a big jolt before you come to the landing. But you can see when it's coming and prepare for it. Also. The first entry in the water is cold but I got used to it quickly! Everything else is just perfect!

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

We have ziplined before, but this was a superior experience, with 9 zips. Beautiful scenery, excellent staff full of the "Aloha" spirit, and we learned some new tricks. Highly recommend this fun experience for the whole family (even the little ones).

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed 14 July 2017

The zipline was about a 2 hour experience , and enjoyed by our entire 3 family group of 13 having an age spread of 5-69.Several staff members were involved providing complete instruction and attention during the load/unload stage at every segment of the
zipline.All Big Island vacationers should see this side of the island, and Umauma Falls is highly recommended as part of the visit.

Date of experience: June 2017