All reviews lilikoi passion fruit kona coffee hot tub every morning the big island fruit trees wonderful hosts green papaya guest kitchen other guests main lanai kona coast bed and breakfast surrounded by lush tropical suite fresh eggs
Reviewed 28 May 2009

Have you ever seen a humpback whale launch is tremendous body out of the foaming sea while sitting on the beach enjoying a strawberry daiquiri? Well, neither have I, but I have seen the leaping whale--just not with the alcoholic beverage in hand.
I went to hawaii to follow the pods, as my name suggests I have a bit of an affinity for whale-watching, and never have I seen such spectacular specimens! April is the time to go to Kona, and the Lilikoi inn is the place to stay.
I was recommended this gettaway by a friend and I have to say the Lilikoi Inn exceeded my wildest expectations. It is located at the top of beautiful vista in Kona--from the back porch a stunning view of the sparkling ocean is visible and we caught more than a few precious sunsets from that veranda. A quaint location, a stay at the Lilikoi allows you to escape the hordes of tourists at a beautifully furnished B&B.
Fresh eggs and coffee grown on the property is an added bonus, and the trees at that time of year hung heavy with ripe fruit--the taste of the avocados, picked fresh daily, will remain in my memory for years to come.
Your hosts will take great care of you, offer advice on nearby secluded beach coves (a short drive away) or where to find local cultural hot spots such as hoola shows.
I stayed there a week, and wish that my company had given me a month vacation, as i could easily have spent it in this paradise lounging in their jungle hot tub.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 May 2009

Trina and Shai (and their son Misha!) were incredible hosts, who made my first trip to Kona and to Hawaii unforgettable. I was treated like family, and was welcomed with open arms, into a paradise of superlatives. The service, food, accommodations, and more, were of the highest calibre, and I would recommend this to anyone (young and old) seeking relaxation, an exotic setting with down-to-earth and warm hosts. I would go back to Lilikoi in an instant, and hope to travel back and stay there again soon! I would like to pay special tribute to the exquisite food - you will likely never taste anything better!!!

Reviewed 23 May 2009

I stayed at the Lilikoi in for a week and it was truly amazing! The home is beautiful and has the most amazing view I've ever seen. Trina and Shai were super warm, friendly, and generous. Shai also made some of the best food I've ever had. If you stay anywhere else on the Big Island you're missing out. I'd go back in a hearbeat!

Reviewed 23 May 2009

I can't say enough great things about Lilikoi and Shai and Trina's tremendous hospitality. During my time there they were attentive and gracious, always eager to recommend excellent spots on the island. The location couldn't have been more perfect as nothing was ever more than a short drive away. And after a great day relaxing on the beach or exploring other parts of the island, the lanai at Lilikoi was the perfect spot to relax and watch the sun set over the Pacific Ocean. Shai's outstanding skills in the kitchen were evident and every breakfast was a culinary masterpiece. My experience at Lilikoi was above and beyond anything I could have ever hoped for and I can safely say that I only regret not staying longer. If you're headed to the Hawaii, hop on over to the Big Island and stop in at the Lilikoi Inn and stay for a while...Shai and Trina will welcome you with open arms!

Reviewed 22 May 2009

This B&B did not have many reviews when we booked it, but we took a chance because it looked nice on their website. The price was very reasonable compared to the other place we were looking at in the area. We were treated kindly like family when we stayed. Our only complaints are out of the owners control. The chickens woke us up very early with their crowing in the morning (4am) and the ugly junk along the side of the narrow approach road ruins the ambiance on the way up. We stayed in the Lilikoi room and it was very large with a nice view.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple