“Nice Lunch Stop”

Cafe Pesto Hilo Bay
Ranked #18 of 267 Restaurants in Hilo
Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 39
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine, View, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mamo Street
Transit: Bus stop across street.
Description: Cafe Pesto offers creative and locally fresh Island cuisine in a casually elegant setting at truly affordable prices. It's menu draws from the diverse multicultural influences found throughout the Big Island and applies them to wood fired pizzas, ethnically inspired pastas, risottos, the freshest of seafood and organic salads.
Reviewed 2 March 2018

We always make it a point to stop by Cafe Pesto when in Hilo - depending on our schedule, we usually find it a good lunch spot - especially the pizza. Nice beer selection also...

Reviewed 27 February 2018

Local restaurant with lots of choices. Their pizza is good. So are the entrees. Little pricey, but that's from my perspective.

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

My wife and I ate here yesterday and we loved the food. The prices aren't bad and the food is good. I think you will be OK with pretty much anything on the menu as it all looked amazing.

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

We took visiting family here for dinner (3 adults and two kids). Everyone was very pleased with their entrees, which were fresh and different without being overly complicated. My husband loved the mango chicken dish. I enjoyed the fig and prosciutto pizzette (a generously sized appetizer) and the caprese salad. Service was efficient and agreeable. The night we visited, a guitar and sax duo was playing mellow jazz. Reservations a must as this place is always busy.

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

We stopped for a quick lunch, what a pleasant surprise.

Dress is casual.

Service was very friendly. We had burgers and a salad. Veggies are local farm fresh, local beef, and made to order! And the fries are fabulous. My husband had local beer and I had wine. Both were very good.

Would definitely go back!