2,134 results
All reviews coconut island ocean view queen's court seafood buffet banyan trees mauna kea the big island banyan drive liliuokalani gardens bit dated beautiful park japanese garden national park close to the airport hotel restaurant an older hotel ken's pancake house
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Arriving without a reservation at 10:30pm in the rain after 3 delayed flights with no luggage lost somewhere on the mainland, the Aloha welcome from everyone on staff was endearing to a single, elderly female traveler. I could not have chosen a better room with super soft sheets, multiple pillows and comfortable bed. Literally gasped the next morning when I opened the curtains for the stellar view of Hilo bay, Pacific ocean and Mauna Kea volcano. Was an easy decision to extend my stay two weeks. Legendary Coconut Island is easily accessed from the hotel if you are in need of a "healing" site to rethink your place on this earth. Mahalo to all the staff at Castle Hilo.

Room tip: Ask for the bay view on the upper levels
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 13 February 2019

The hotel was in a good location and easy to drive to and from. A little dated but clean and had all the facilities you need. The beds were comfortable. Had a nice meal in the restaurant. We would stay there again as it was cost effective.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 12 February 2019

Location is so good and not crowded. Palm trees and bay there. Different experience with other hotels which locate other coast side of big island. I would like to recommend there. I will live there next time head to big island.

Date of stay: March 2018
Reviewed 10 February 2019

We arrived late at night and left early in the morning, and it did exactly as we needed. The people working there were very friendly and it's located close to the airport. I think it's a little pricey, but we enjoyed our stay here and would stay again

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2019

I have stayed at this property two times now when visiting Hilo. The staff is very nice and the service is great. The property is aging a bit and needs a remodel but it is very clean and well kept for its age.

I was thinking of staying at the Grande Naniloa, but I called over there and their phone system was such a labyrinth that after waiting for 10 min. to speak to somebody I just hung up.

This is a fun little hotel with a great little bar and good food. The pool is kind of cold, but my kids didn't even notice, so I was just fine with it. I will definitely stay here again. Very unpretentious!

Room tip: Any room on the ocean side has a good view!
Date of stay: February 2019