“Beautiful view and gracious host”
Review of Hilltop Legacy

Hilltop Legacy
Ranked #6 of 10 Speciality Lodging in Hilo
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Jade was gracious and helpful. The house was clean with large bedrooms. Breakfast was non descript but ample.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 14 November 2011

This is a great hotel. The owners were incredibly helpful and kind. The location is perfect, with a beautiful view of Hilo Bay. I can't recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2011

We visited the Hilltop Legacy in Nov 09 and had a wonderful time there. Even though they renovated the place, Jade and his dad, made it as comfortable as possible for us!
When we missed dinner the first night they brought us dessert to the room, what we haven't expected. What a nice gesture!
We stayed there over Thanksgiving, and they held a wonderful Thanksgiving Dinner for us and the other guest.
It was like a big family dinner and we all enjoyed it.
Thanks for the great time!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2011

We had the Legacy Suite - spacious, ample storage, comfortable, with great view of Hilo Bay and town from room and large lanai. Jade, our host, could not have been more courteous or helpful. The negative reviews I've read here are just a bunch of whining - the place was, in every way, as advertised and then some. I do wish breakfast had more options, as I prefer hot breakfast to continental. But it was all they said it would be, and there was always plenty to eat (croissants, muffins, toast, papaya, oatmeal, and more. I would certainly stay here again - fine value for the price we paid.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 25 February 2011

After visiting the Hilltop Legacy website (very nice website) i decided to book my flight from Oahu to Hilo and stay at the Hilltop Legacy. I first spoke to jade on the phone and he was very helpful, even offering to pick me up from the airport .when i arrived at the b&b i knew i had made the right decision booking the sky room.
Jade lee and his father demonstrated excellent customer service and hospitality during my one week stay in Hilo. Their hospitality and service far outdoes the service you get at the Hilo Hawaiian. I felt more like family towards the end of my trip then i did a guest in their home. Although their b&b is currently going through renovations, the three story house is very well kept and very clean. the back yard is very large and is home to vish their friendly horse. If you hang around out side in any of the two out door patios you might run into tiger the cat, who might just be the friendliest cat alive.
the breakfast is served at 8am, it is a continental breakfast. they served freshly baked doughnuts, oatmeal, coffee, juice, bagels, and on occasion they served fresh fruit bought from the local farmers market that very morning along with the doughnuts.
the view from the b&b is superb. it over looks the whole town of Hilo and Bayfront area.
the room i stayed in had a jacuzzi, which was very nice. the bed was a double and was very comfortable.the large flat screen tv complemented the room nicely. there were also a mini stove top and microwave.Jade informed me that in case i wanted to cook my own food there was a sack'n save right down the road from the b&b, about a 5 minute walk.
the nights at the Hilltop Legacy are quiet. I have to say that staying there at the hilltop legacy felt like i was staying at my best friends house because they treated me very good. I felt that staying at the Hilltop Legacy allowed me to experience the old town of Hilo to the fullest and Jade Lee and his father made that possible for me.
i am definitely staying there again the next time i visit Hilo. anyone else considering to stay at the Hilltop Legacy should stop considering and book a room now. you will not regret it.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank MrChong
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hilo
3.4 km away
Chalet Kilauea
#1 of 2 in Volcano
3.6 km away
Grand Naniloa Hotel Hilo - a DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to Hilltop Legacy? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK