“I liked it anyway”
other travellers have booked this property
Crows Nest Crows Nest & Hale Huna cottage
Peacock & Fern patio
Fern & Peacock rooms
Hale Huna
Hale Huna deck
Jungle Queen boat room. $89/n.
Jungle Queen boat room
Koi ponds
Jungle kitchen for guests
Breakfast buffet
Our bananas
Our peacock Romeo
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

walksrocc...
Edmonton, Canada
“I liked it anyway”
Reviewed 11 August 2012 for a stay in February 2012
people found this review helpful

I loved the birds. They do make noise, but I liked it very much. There is a gorgeous view from the breakfast area. You do eat breakfast with everyone, which is not everyone's cup of tea, but for me, it was all right. There are dog's running around, which I also like, but not everyone does. It is a very natural place. There is no need for air conditioners here. I enjoyed the extreme quiet at night....(except in the morning for the birds...which I DID like anyway) So, lacking the noise of de-humidifying air conditioners, there is a slight problem with dampness, but it was OK. Marianne, the host and owner is a lively, beautiful person and I wish her well. The grounds are beautiful, with two large fish ponds. The tropical plants are everywhere. It is entertaining to look out of your room and see a big fat hen with a name walking around. There are young people working there, sweeping the walkways every morning and helping to make the breakfast. It is such a unique place, hard to know how to rate it. In a lot of ways, it could have been better, but the breakfast view was fabulous, and really, for an authentic island experience it is hard to beat. Really lets you know what it's like to actually LIVE here. If you want a sterile, generic place, this is not for you. Chill out and enjoy the sunset.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Visit was for: Leisure
Travelling group: Couples
Management Response
7 Sep 2012
Aloha, I'm the new owner since March 2012. We are now renovating the place, but without loosing its peaceful and laidback character. All rooms are being renovated or upgraded, and later a jaccuzzi and relax center built. So welcome to experience a slice of paradise !
Christian
LizTaylor...
Toronto, Canada
“Paradise On Earth!...”
Reviewed 19 July 2012 for a stay in July 2012
person found this review helpful

The setting is so incredibly beautiful here! ~~I'm a Very Seasoned-Traveller....but have honestly Never found a place as Charming & Peaceful as This! I don't even know where to start with this review!! I felt as though I was living in the middle of the most beautiful Tropical Flower Arrangement on Earth!! I had a Mango Tree just outside of my room... and would venture into the jungle to gather fresh Passion Fruit each morning. There are Peacocks, and chickens...and cool geckos everywhere!! I Simply Loved It!! I was travelling alone, and felt Very Safe & Comfortable Here!! (For Two Weeks!!) I Will Be Back!... I need to bring my son to see this place!
Breakfast was Plentiful & Excellent Every Morning!...and Christian (the new owner) was an exceptional Host. Thank You With All My Heart!...For an Amazing Experience!!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Visit was for: Leisure
Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 35-49
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing