This quirky place is truly laid-back and relaxed. If you're looking for glitz and over the top amenities, go somewhere else. But if you can look beyond the property's slightly ramshackle appearance and focus on the positives, this place has a lot to offer. We stayed in one of the two "greenhouse rooms". The no- frills rooms are clean and our bed was really comfortable. The only downside to be considered is the fact that the rooms are open ( no glass in the windows, only screen) and because of this, one hears everything from outside. This was not a problem when it came to the room next door, which was occupied-- we heard virtually nothing. However, when the roosters started in at around 4 every morning, we realized that it could be an issue. I carry earplugs whenever I travel, so it was not a problem for me, but be forewarned.
There are also coqui frogs at night, but I personally find their calls soothing. But that's just me :) That's the "bed" part. But where the magic comes in is the breakfast. Every morning we were treated to an amazing array of fruits right from the farm, freshly brewed Kona coffee, homemade breads and jams and something cooked up in the kitchen by our hostess Johnsie. Vegetarian and vegan-friendly, her recipes always pleased. Co- host John Paul is a real character and knows a lot about Hawaii history, organic gardening, and music and gladly shares his knowledge on all three subjects. He will take you on a tour of the property, and if you're lucky, he and Johnsie will launch into an impromptu breakfast concert while you're there; they are both really talented musicians. In short, if you can look beyond the slightly disheveled exterior, this place is filled with great spirit and delivers a true feeling of "aloha".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at a working Kona Coffee Farm! Enjoy a full cooked breakfast accompanied by fresh fruits from the farm. Try the macadamia nuts right out of the back yard. Snorkel, scuba dive, kayak, or hike at the nearby beaches. Beach equipment, guest kitchen. Free Wi-fi internet access. The Coffee Barn now has an in-room fridge & microwave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Pomaika'i "Lucky" Farm B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pomaika`i `Lucky` Farm Bed And Breakfast
- Pomaika`i `Lucky` Farm Hotel Captain Cook
- Pomaika'i "Lucky" Farm B&B Captain Cook, Hawaii