Ever heard of “breakfast and bluegrass?” Well, that’s what Pomaika’i Farms served up the 2nd morning of my three-night stay in March 2011. I’m eating fresh baked bread, eggs, and carving into the most gigantic avocado I’ve ever seen while Johnsie (our host) sings, her partner, JP, plays guitar, and her dad (visiting from North Carolina) plays banjo. To me, this is what B&B’s are all about: meeting great people whom you’d never otherwise meet if you stayed in some faceless hotel. You won’t find warmer, more genuine people than these. They really understand how to run a B&B - they’re service minded without being intrusive. They run an environmentally conscious B&B, as well as a low-yield organic farm, the bounty of which is often served up at breakfast time. They even grow their own Kona coffee, and macadamia nuts abound on the property. While it’s not close to the beach, many good ones are a short drive away. Johnsie and JP will give you all kinds of good travel advice too, if you’re looking for something off the beaten path. Furthermore, they’re happy to let you borrow a cooler, ice-pack, and snorkel equipment in case you forget your own. The location in Captain Cook, right off Highway 11 makes this a great place to begin your Big Island explorations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at a working Kona Coffee Farm! Enjoy a full cooked breakfast accompanied by fresh fruits from the farm. Try the macadamia nuts right out of the back yard. Snorkel, scuba dive, kayak, or hike at the nearby beaches. Beach equipment, guest kitchen. Free Wi-fi internet access. The Coffee Barn now has an in-room fridge & microwave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Pomaika'i "Lucky" Farm B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pomaika`i `Lucky` Farm Bed And Breakfast
- Pomaika`i `Lucky` Farm Hotel Captain Cook
- Pomaika'i "Lucky" Farm B&B Captain Cook, Hawaii