“Fabulous time with our two teenage granddaughters”
Horse Pack trips in Wyoming Camping Trips in Wyoming
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Horse Pack trips in Wyoming
Camping Trips in Wyoming
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Travel679...
Pennsylvania Dutch Country, Pennsylvania
“Fabulous time with our two teenage granddaughters”
Reviewed 27 October 2016 for a stay in August 2016

We had a wonderful time with our teenage grand daughters. The scenery was spectacular and Carl, Blake, and David were the perfect hosts. Even for novice riders like ourselves, we enjoyed the whole thing from beginning to end.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Service
Liked best: Seeing the open country from horseback was wonderful
Liked least: I should have prepared better for the saddle time
Travelling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
afoeller
Toledo, Ohio
“Changed trip after accepting deposit and did not tell me until I arrived 3 months later.”
Reviewed 18 October 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

I do NOT recommend Wyoming Summer Pack Trips. They took our deposit to reserve a trip. Then, without telling us, made significant changes to it. In order to avoid us canceling the trip and asking for our $1,000 deposit back, they deliberately withheld this information from us until it was too late for us to do anything about it. I made a reservation in January 2016 for a progressive pack trip from Cody to Dubois in August 2016. In May, Wyoming Summer Pack Trips moved our trip back 2 days and changed our trip to a base camp trip to accommodate fishermen who wanted a fishing trip the same week we had reserved for our pack trip. While they were told at that time that our trip had been changed to accommodate them, we were not. When I called in late May to confirm our reservations, Carl told me about the date change but neglected to tell me that the type of trip was also changed. I told him we would arrive in Cody the night before the trip and asked where to stay to be close to the trailhead. He said to stay anywhere in Cody and call him when we got there. After spending 2 days driving to Cody from Ohio, we checked into our hotel and called Carl to see where to meet for our trip. For the first time Carl told us that we were not doing a Cody to Dubois trip and instead we were doing a base camp fishing trip out of Jackson and would be doing day trips out of the camp. By telling us to meet in Cody, and then telling us to go to Jackson, Carl unnecessarily added 4 hours and $30 (we had to pay to drive through Yellowstone) to our trip. The fishermen were correctly told the trip would leave from Jackson. Fortunately we arrived in Cody 2 days early. If we had arrived the night before the trip, as Carl expected, we would have had to get up at 3:00 am to get from Cody to Jackson in time to meet at the trailhead the morning of the trip. Carl next told us if we went to the trailhead the night before the trip, we could stay with the guide who would pitch a tent for us and provide a hot breakfast, so we checked out of our hotel in Cody and did not make reservations in Jackson. When we talked to the guide to find out where to meet him, he told us he was not camping at the trailhead. When he learned what Carl had told us he offered his personal tent to use. When we got to the trailhead that night we were met with signs that said "ABSOLUTELY NO TENT CAMPING DUE TO GRIZZLY BEAR ACTIVITY." It was too late to go back to Jackson to get a room. In other words we had to sleep in the car.

After arriving home, I sent Wyoming Summer Pack Trips a letter detailing my dissatisfaction with the way things were handled and asking for some recompense and followed it up with an email when I got no response. I waited before writing this review to give them a chance to try to make things right. After 2 months I have not received any response, not even an apology. So no, I would not recommend Wyoming Summer Pack Trips to anyone for any reason.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Bridget K
“great trip into mountains”
Reviewed 24 August 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Great times to be had with Boulder Basin for horseback riding, fishing and camping. Carl and his group (Justin and Morgan) were awesome. Hope to go out with them again!

Travelling group: Other
Morgan E
“Cody to Jackson Pack Trip”
Reviewed 22 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

My son and I went with Boulder Basin on their 8 day pack trip and couldn't have been more happy with our experience. Carl and crew took very good care of us with excellent meals and teaching us the finer details of packing across country.

How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
Liked best: Carl definitely took excellent care of his stock.
Liked least: Flies - will look for another spray that keeps them away from us!
Travelling group: Teenagers
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
rhs76
Arrowsmith, Illinois
“Great trip!”
Reviewed 20 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Our guide, Terry, was really experienced and knew the area well. It was so beautiful and well worth the money.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing