“cheap price OK for overnight”

Motel 6 Rock Springs
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Rock Springs
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Having to stop because of impending weather, two and a half hours from home we were only looking for a place to stay over night . We paid an extra $3 for a downstairs room. They charged more because it was equipped with a refridgerator and Micowave. We did like the fact that the floor was not carpeted . Looked cleaner than some of the carpets we have seen in motels. Staff was friendly and helpful. Price was resonable for what we recieved. Can't complain about the motel itself, but would look for a more expensive place next time.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ZAZULibertyUtah
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 7 December 2011

This place is cheap for Rock Springs, but you absolutely get what you pay for. One of the two beds in the room had what appeared to be clean linens; the other bed definitely had not been changed since the previous guest. The price was cheap. Had I been the one choosing the location & paying the bill I would have paid double the price and stayed elsewhere, but that's just me. This was for work and I was not the decision-maker on the unexpected overnight stay. I did let Motel 6 know about the problem and they did apologize. I slept in what I convinced my self was the clean bed (located under a window), left my socks on while in the room and left before daylight.

Room Tip: If you have time, look at the room before paying and definitely pull down the sheets to see if they...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Motels seem to be pretty expensive in this town, as well as others in Wyoming along I-80. I selected the Motel 6 for the lower price and their pet policy. I have stayed in a number of other Motel 6's, so know what to expect. The room in the Rock Springs motel had been refurbished, and had a clean, bright bedspread, a table and chair, and wood floors. The bathroom was clean and had also been re-done. It felt much nicer than a typical Motel 6, and I would definitely stay here again if traveling through the area.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Sara9889
Reviewed 30 September 2011

This place is in a good location, has nice newly refurbished rooms and is very clean. The staff are so helpful and nice. It really is a bargain to stay here!

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 26 August 2011

After 10 days on a motorcycle we really needed a good night sleep. Unfortunately, all the higher quality places were booked and Motel 6 was all that was left. We have stayed in Motel 6's many times and they are usually okay. But stay away from this place, especially if you want a non-smoking room. First, front desk lady was very very nice. We went to room and cranked up the air as it was very hot. worked perfectly, til time to go to bed. Then it quit working and started to fill the room with the cigarette smoke from every room in the hotel it seemed! My husband and I are very sensitive to the odor and couldn't sleep due to the heat and the smell. We called the front desk about midnight to complain and she said they'd look into the a/c problem. Never did get it fixed. Others complained as we are told. We had the front desk clerk, same nice lady, to come to the room to smell. Our clothes even stunk of the smoke. She was a smoker and said she couldn't smell a thing. She did refund us our entire stay. Also, there was one room that must be the managers or owner as it was made in to a little apt on the corner, which was right behind office and near our room. They must be smokers as you could smell it strongly as you walked by when they had window open. A real turnoff. Had to wash all our clothes when we got to the next hotel!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family