Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 May 2021

Highly recommend!!! The customer service was incredible! We stopped here on our way out to the Grand Tetons. After a long day on the road we were warmly greeted by Julie (the women at the front desk) and she made us feel like we were home away from home. The rooms were spacious and very clean. Lots of towels and washcloths in the room and a wonderful hot shower. The Wifi isn't the strongest connection and cell service is limited but overall we had a really wonderful experience and couldn't be happier. If you go, make sure to stop in the front office and say hi to Hank; the friendly motel cat.

Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 22 May 2021

My sister and I had car trouble and had to stop in Lusk on our way to Jackson. The woman at the motel (Julie) was so kind and understanding! It was a refreshing place to stay after a long and stressful afternoon. It was economically friendly, and there's a cat named hank who was kind and welcoming. I would highly recommend this motel! Slept like a baby and Julie was flexible with our check-out time when we did not know if our car would be fixed.

Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 30 August 2019

Exhausted from long driving, overnight stay here was very relaxing and refreshing. Room was clean and comfortable. A good choice if visiting and/or passing through Lusk, WY. My return visit from Yellowstone National Park, my family and I stayed a 2nd night.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Douglas G, Owner at Rawhide Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2019

We are an older motel that strives for a clean and comfortable stay. Absolutely nothing fancy but very economical. Thank you very much for the nice review!

Reviewed 24 August 2019 via mobile

Of the three mom n' pop hotels in Lusk, this appealed to me the most.
If you need a swimming pool and breakfast on site, and are willing to pay the extra $80 there are other choices in town.
What a great value this one is. Clean and comfortable AND park at your door at a super budget price. Other than (much appreciated) micro and fridge, there are no frills, no breakfast, no hype. Got a great breakfast a block or two away and still saved a pile of dough.
Biker friendly. I was treated like a friend - oh yes, I'll be back.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Douglas G, Owner at Rawhide Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2019

This is exactly what we strive for here. No frills, no hype, just clean and comfortable rooms at a very affordable price. We have an older motel that we are continually updating and our cleaning staff has been excellent all summer. This older "ma and pa" motel is not for everyone but the people that do stay are greatly appreciated here. Thank you for the great review.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

My husband and I have been staying at the Rawhide in Lusk for the past 20 years. This time we arrived with a group of 13 - all on motorcycles, on our way to the Rally in Sturgis, SD.

We arrived early and were met by Doug and his wife who are super friendly, accommodating and cordial. We originally had requested room 109, but due to another person staying in 109 for several days, we were upgraded to room 115 at the same cost. This was a lucky break for us, as room 115 is a two bedroom unit, and we thoroughly enjoyed it. There are 3 windows in the unit that may be opened for cross ventilation and a choice of beds - for added convenience, if needed. All rooms we have ever stayed in have A/C, fridge, flat screen TV, microwave, a screen door, a desk and a full bath with a tub. This room was clean and roomy.

You can pull right up to your room, which is the preference of most motorcyclists. The courtyard configuration of the motel contributes to friendly interaction with other guests, if they are willing.

I want to give a special "thank you" to Doug who went out of his way to drive (in his own vehicle) two or 3 of our rather corpulent friends to and from the Pub Bar in town. Lusk has no taxi or Uber service, and our friends were too fat to walk to the Pub. When I let Doug know of our dilemma, he unselfishly offered to be their taxi for the night - even picking them up much later in the evening. Thank you so much for your hospitality and for putting up with our lazy friends.

If at all possible - choose to stay at the Rawhide Motel. We will be doing so for as long as we are able to travel. You won't be disappointed.

Room tip: Room 115 was great, but so are the others. Traffic slows way down in the evenings so there's never been an issue with noise.
Date of stay: August 2017