Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews front desk hank fridge wifi shower bed
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 August 2019 via mobile

Of the three mom n' pop hotels in Lusk, this appealed to me the most.
If you need a swimming pool and breakfast on site, and are willing to pay the extra $80 there are other choices in town.
What a great value this one is. Clean and comfortable AND park at your door at a super budget price. Other than (much appreciated) micro and fridge, there are no frills, no breakfast, no hype. Got a great breakfast a block or two away and still saved a pile of dough.
Biker friendly. I was treated like a friend - oh yes, I'll be back.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Douglas G, Owner at Rawhide Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2019

This is exactly what we strive for here. No frills, no hype, just clean and comfortable rooms at a very affordable price. We have an older motel that we are continually updating and our cleaning staff has been excellent all summer. This older "ma and pa" motel is not for everyone but the people that do stay are greatly appreciated here. Thank you for the great review.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

My husband and I have been staying at the Rawhide in Lusk for the past 20 years. This time we arrived with a group of 13 - all on motorcycles, on our way to the Rally in Sturgis, SD.

We arrived early and were met by Doug and his wife who are super friendly, accommodating and cordial. We originally had requested room 109, but due to another person staying in 109 for several days, we were upgraded to room 115 at the same cost. This was a lucky break for us, as room 115 is a two bedroom unit, and we thoroughly enjoyed it. There are 3 windows in the unit that may be opened for cross ventilation and a choice of beds - for added convenience, if needed. All rooms we have ever stayed in have A/C, fridge, flat screen TV, microwave, a screen door, a desk and a full bath with a tub. This room was clean and roomy.

You can pull right up to your room, which is the preference of most motorcyclists. The courtyard configuration of the motel contributes to friendly interaction with other guests, if they are willing.

I want to give a special "thank you" to Doug who went out of his way to drive (in his own vehicle) two or 3 of our rather corpulent friends to and from the Pub Bar in town. Lusk has no taxi or Uber service, and our friends were too fat to walk to the Pub. When I let Doug know of our dilemma, he unselfishly offered to be their taxi for the night - even picking them up much later in the evening. Thank you so much for your hospitality and for putting up with our lazy friends.

If at all possible - choose to stay at the Rawhide Motel. We will be doing so for as long as we are able to travel. You won't be disappointed.

Room tip: Room 115 was great, but so are the others. Traffic slows way down in the evenings so there's never been an issue with noise.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Shredder52
Reviewed 14 August 2017

I wished there more of this type of place--simple, clean, affordable, unworldly. Main office and room were attractive and clean. Bathroom is basic but nice tile around shower. Has micro-wave and frig. What I loved, and what you don't get in many other hotels is windows that you can open on BOTH sides of the room. So, you can sit on the bed and leave your front door open (has a screen door to keep out flies) and open the front window, then open the back window with screen and get cross flow of beautiful Wyoming breeze! Sure it's a bit dated, but when it is clean and tasteful, you can relax. Bed was very comfortable. In walking distance to a classic American Drive-in restaurant with great soft-serve and BBQ and other food and ice-cream option. The owners are wonderful people-Julie can tell you about her 25 year career as a travelling country/oldie rock guitarist and amazing singer (she gave me a CD of her band's music, and I am surprised she is not collecting Grammys :) Don't expect frills like an ice-machine or some chintzy breakfast, but flow with it and enjoy simple, pure, clean Americana in a beautiful Wyoming town.

Room tip: Pick a room facing the main road--that way you can see the world go by out your front door.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank David C
Reviewed 7 December 2016

With AARP it was a little over $50. It was okay for a night stay. Nothing elaborate and next time I will pack a power bar as not too many outlets. However the television had a USB outlet that I used for recharging my external battery.

No breakfast but we were able to buy a nice breakfast with the money we saved. Two Queen beds, fridge and microwave.

Room tip: Take a power bar or extension cord!
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2016

Small, locally owned motel on main street through town of Lusk - only room I could find for under $50; an older property, but very clean, comfortable and well maintained for the most part. Appreciated the roomy refrigerator. Not much decor in room - could use a couple pictures on the white walls. WiFi in room had such a weak signal that it was worthless.I did not care for the "don't forget Hillary lies" message on the electronic sign - not really appropriate when serving the public...not just Republican travelers are passing through this town, and I would probably not stay there again because of this.

Room tip: Cozy bar & liquor store just across the street with great selection of cocktails & reasonable prices
Date of stay: August 2016