Review Highlights
A Surprising fine

We lucked into finding the Medicine Wheel site and I'm glad we did. Beautiful views with a sacred... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Trish J
Waynesville, Ohio
Worth the visit

I have wanted to visit one of the wheels for a long time and I was not disappointed. The road from... read more

Reviewed 16 August 2018
fossil1
Milford, New Jersey

All reviews native americans mile hike gravel road parking lot parking area spiritual place high elevation take your time yellow bellied marmots easy hike miles round trip worth the trip awesome views worth the effort ranger station big horn snow
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

A beautiful location about 10000 feet up. The walk is about 1.5 mikes each way (uphill) from the parking area but there's lots to take in. We spotted a fossilized seashell in the stone along the road, very cool. The medicine wheel is a moving place.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Wonderful hike and a breath taking view. Both rangers were very informative about the Medicine Wheel. There was still snow in July.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

The gravel road in a short one lane road. It was worth the trip up the mountain to get there, We parked at the gravel lot and a ranger came out to great us. He told up about the Landmark and the the short Hike over to the Wheel. It was beautiful. The elevation was a little over 9600 feet. It was worth the hike up to it, A little less than a mile hike. Everyone should visit this site. The serenity and tranquility alone make it worth the hike, I will definitely read up more about this landmark. Though there was information at the site I feel like I want to know more.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

I wanted so much to see this but my camper would not make it up 14a from Lovell. I had to turn around 9 miles short. 8-10 degrees hills were rough. I found a great museum display on Work and and would like to share here.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

This is an important stop to learn more about our country. The rangers where very professional and accommodating to insure all could share in the experience.