Spring Creek Ranch
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Parkway Inn(Jackson)(Great Value!)
US$ 109
Elk Country Inn(Jackson)(Great Value!)
US$ 93
White Buffalo Club - Hotel(Jackson)(Great Value!)
US$ 187
US$ 74
  • Pool
Hampton Inn Jackson Hole(Jackson)(Great Value!)
US$ 149
US$ 125
The Lexington at Jackson Hole(Jackson)(Great Value!)
US$ 144
US$ 129
Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole(Jackson)(Great Value!)
US$ 149
Flat Creek Inn(Jackson)(Great Value!)
US$ 91
US$ 290
US$ 193
Ranch Inn(Jackson)(Great Value!)
US$ 170
US$ 137
Travelocity
All reviewsgranary restauranthorseback ridingteton viewsthere is no air conditioningoverlooking the valleygrand tetonsteton rangejackson holewildlife safarimurphy bedthe wood burning fireplacemaster bedroomhot tubbisonrustic feelsleigh ridefull kitchen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 March 2018

First, I am reviewing based in the time I visited which is winter, February. I suspect this might be a much better choice in the summer. We stayed in one of the two bedroom condos on the,property. The positives are that the condo (2021) was warm and beds comfortable. There was plenty of wood and fire starters for the two fireplaces, one in the living room, one in the master bedroom. I was surprised that the condos all had garages as well. Something significant that was a negative was the walk from the condo to the main lobby building in the winter. Nothing is convenient when it's zero degrees. The shuttle service was intensely frustrating. At first, the schedule seems reasonable but in reality, the times tend to be inconvenient if you are trying to go into town for a meal which you must do unless you are prepared to trek through the ice and snow to the one expensive restaurant (which isn't in the lobby building and doesn't serve lunch). The condos do have kitchens but the shuttle doesn't take you to any place where you can buy groceries. If you stay in the hotel, you are stuck with The Grainery restaurant or are at the mercy of the shuttle (or a $30 taxi--each way). I was disappointed that the main building didn't have a place to sit and relax with a glass of wine. It really was just a check in area, though the spa was attached. The property is beautiful, but just more difficult and inconvenient than I imagined in winter.

Room Tip: All rooms have views. The hotel rooms are closer to the restaurant and main lobby than the condos.
Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2018

We went to Jackson from the east coast to ski. We found nice accommodations at Spring Creek Ranch.
The food and service at The Granary Restaurant was perfect. I enjoyed the scallops and my husband raved about his steak ...cooked to perfection.
Nice piano music too!
The fitness center has a gorgeous view of the Tetons. Everything in the room was nice and clean. The staff was polite and helpful.
We will be back! Thank you!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2018

My family and I had the pleasure of a sleigh ride in the snow followed by dinner at the Granary. What a treat! We were the only four on the sleigh and because of a recent snowfall we did have skis on the sled which made it more fun. Adam was our driver and he did an excellent job. He answered all of our questions and pointed out wildlife and scenery. Dinner afterward was excellent. My steak was one of the best I've ever had. This was one of my favorite vacation experiences and I highly recommend it!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed here with my fiancé for two days in early February 2018. We came here to ski a little, eat a lot, and drink at authentic western bars.
We shopped too. Got a few tshirts, refrigerator magnets, but mostly just looked.

Room/Grounds (B+):

We had room 2107, king bed, balcony, with a terrific unobstructed Teton mountain view. $391 for 2 days, via hotwire booking. It was perfect. Maybe a bit of a walk for the pizza guy to find. But once you are at the separate cabin structure (shared with only one other room above or below), you are treated to the smells of wilderness and campfire, and an actual fireplace, with pre-chopped wood supply. The furnishings would make Grizzly Adams proud. Or anyone else looking for a western-themed cabin. And did I mention the views are ridiculous? Because they are. From pretty much everywhere on the property.

This place also has an indoor pool, outdoor-heated pool, and a few indoor and outdoor Jacuzzis. All of which seem to be available 24-hours. Which is nice.

Pros:

· Complimentary shuttle to Town & Teton Village.
· Absolutely awesome views of the Teton mountains, Jackson Hole Mountain resort, Jackson Hole valley.
· Fun, rustic/western feel to the rooms
· Balcony was great, but too windy and cold during winter

Cons:

· High up on a hill above Jackson town. Maybe 10 minute drive down. 20 minutes to Teton Village.
· Rooms are separated, and sometime tough to navigate (especially for night time pizza delivery)
· Carpets could be cleaner
· TVs could be updated
· No room service after 9:30pm
· Roads up/down are steep, with many turns. My friend slid into a guard rail on the way down, going 5 miles an hour.

The Staff (A+):

This is where the Spring Creek Ranch excels, in my opinion. And the reason that I went on Tripadvisor to write such a long, positive review..everyone we ran into was absolutely wonderful, treated us terrifically, went out of their way to make you feel special, and were courteous at all times, and knowledgeable about the area, and just a pleasure to talk to and meet. I wish I had a better memory of names to recall everyone that I met, but off hand: Shawn at the front desk, and Matt, who drove the shuttle, Nello, at the Granary, were a few that I remember. Side note: We were even allowed to use the shuttle and store our luggage for almost a full day after we had already checked out. Thank guys!

Nearby attractions:

Restaurants/Bars (All in Jackson Hole town)-

· Blue Lion-Expensive, and fancy. Get the lamb. And the French onion soup.
· Local-Burger place with terrific beers and modern décor.
· Million Dollar Cowboy Bar-Saddles as bar stools. Pool. Steak. Tourists.
· Silver Dollar Bar (attached to the Wort hotel, shuttle drop-off/pick-up location)-Food, beer, music, history.
· The Granary-Attached to the Spring Creek property. Nice-looking and tasty, quality food. With a ridiculous view that you wont get sick of. Just a bit pricey.
· Snake River Brewery-House-made beers and food with a view of Snow King mountain.
· Glorietta-Italian food. Wood-fired grill, open kitchen.

Outdoor Stuff (Winter time)-

· Ski/snowboard at JHMR (at Teton Village) or Snow King (in town)
o Snow King also has tubing, alpine slide for non-skiers
· Snowmobile or dog sled it to Granite Hot Springs (in the Winter)
· Elk refuge
· Jackson Hole town square
· Teton Gravity Research. Watch a $10 ski movie and “sneak” in some beers from around the corner

Quick Shuttle Tips:

· Book your shuttle pick up form the airport ahead of time
o Call (307) 733-8833 ext.8120 to schedule complimentary shuttles
· Boom your shuttle ride back, with at least an hour’s notice
· Off the Shuttle business/hours card:
o Shuttle runs to SCR-Jackson: 8am, 10am, 12pm, 2pm, 4pm, 6pm, 8pm, 10pm
o Shuttle runs from Jackson-SCR: 8:30am, 10:30am, 12:30pm, 2:30pm, 4:30pm, 6:30pm, 8:30pm, 10:30pm
o Shuttle runs to SCR-Teton Village (JHMR): 8:15am, 9:30am, 11am, 1pm, 3pm, 4:15pm
o Shuttle runs from Teton Village-SCR: 8:45am, 10am, 11:30am, 1:30pm, 3:30pm, 4:45pm

Non-shuttle related tips:

· Try the Granary, it’s worth the price and the view
· Tip the shuttle drivers, they work hard
· Take a tour of the 5-Star ultra-fancy Amangani hotel next door to the Granary, you wont regret it
· If you drive, beware of the winding road up and down to/from SCR, it gets slippery/icy in the winter

Overall verdict (A-):

Woo-Hoo! A wonderful western-style hotel/cabin with view to die for, high up on the hill, NOT walking distance to town..but with a terrific complimentary shuttle system (to Jackson/Teton), and super friendly, knowledgeable staff, I would recommend this place to anyone!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carl T
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Ski trip was made pleasant staying here. Were going to stay an extra night and ski one more day but they wanted an extra $400+ for that night! Hot tub and robes provided was nice touch! The Granary was great for apres ski, breakfasts and evening dining! Handy parking and easy access to Jackson and Jackson Hole!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family