“fun places for dirnks and a dance”

Million Dollar Cowboy Steakhouse
Ranked #49 of 157 Restaurants in Jackson
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 70
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Cache and Broadway
Reviewed 14 January 2018

Food is ok. But you really go for the ambiance and the great mix of locals and tourists. Fun bar and live bands play most days starting at 9pm. A must visit when in JH

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Several trips to this legendary place, and always a treat. Sit at a table for a spectacular cut, or at the bar for an amazing bison burger. You like Black & Blue? They know how to do it. Great bartenders, always a plus.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

Busy place, but then it was a Friday night. We sat at the bar. Bartender took a long time to get to us, but in his defense he was overloaded with drink orders.
We ordered a couple beers.
I ordered a bone-in bison ribeye steak - medium rare, my copilot had the elk medallion. My steak was really good, tender and tasty. Was it worth $69? No. The elk was also really good, came pre-sliced. Proportionally, was it worth $36? No. OK, price aside, I would order either of these steaks again.
As a side, I had the new Kung Pao Brussels. These were spicey hot. Very good compliment to the meal.
We split the apple crisp for dessert. Came alamode. It was OK, I would try something else next time.
We'll be back.

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Food is overly priced, service is awful, and food does not taste good at all. I would recommend anywhere else. DO NOT GO. I really wouldn’t even give it a star.

Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

The word on the street is that this steakhouse, while expensive, offers up dependably excellent and memorable cuisine. Some blue collar workers, as reported by a ski mountain resort lift operator, have ceased patronizing and referring the Cowboy since the canceling of a remarkable burger discount they once enjoyed here.
But this is my experience. I was drawn to what is purportedly the best steakburger in town and I was not disappointed. I can see why the chef, Graham Lovelace, sells only a limited number of burgers per evening as they are made of trimmings from entree steaks and understanding this is a fairly common practice among the higher echelon eateries locally. Others have said that “the best burger in Jackson Hole is in Victor, Idaho.” Now that I have eaten at the Brakeman American Grill, I feel emboldened to compose this review. There is no comparison. The burgers there are wonderful but play it safe being made of pure ground chuck, as is the case of the famous “Billy’s Giant Hamburger” served at the Lift restaurant, one of my past favorite burgers before they stopped serving it to all temperatures requested. The Brakeman and the Cowboy take “burgology” seriously, serving burger cooked rare if requested as they grind their own beef in house. The toppings there at the Brakeman certainly add to the experience and, again, are wonderful but their burgers fall short of the delicate nuances of the science of the highest level of burger art, found here at the Cowboy. I suspect the blend of cuts here vary from day to day: I can only report mine was outstanding in terms of the balance between taste and texture. But the toppings (please see photo of menu below) were masterfully chosen to complement and enhance my burger so that I must say it was the single most excellent burger experience I have enjoyed from among 33 recent local comparisons, not counting fast food chains.
The “Run for the Border’s” poblano peppers and jalepino candied bacon provide subtle fire to complement its beef compared to the relative harshness of sliced jalepinos on other burgers, comparable to single malt Scotch vs. Everclear.
There is perfect balance to this burger, all the tastes harmonize perfectly.
In fact, this burger is so successful, I’ve had to divide burgers into different categories in order to give credit to those standing alone without so many ingredients. Thus, regarding deluxe burgers, those with many added elements, this is number one on my list. The supposed “minimalist“ burger or classic premium burger with traditional topping has become yet a different category. In this, the deluxe category, Good job cowboy bar steakhouse. You present a burger to remember.