All reviews aman resorts four seasons spa facility jackson hole teton village mountain range at this price point luxury hotel snake river grill beautiful resort rooms are beautiful outdoor activities soaking tub in town yellowstone park the entire staff grand tetons
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Stayed for two nights as part of Yellowstone and Grand Teton trip. Simply love the place, and 100% Aman service. Suites are cozy with nice sitting space, a gas fireplace, huge closet and windows for shower/tub and toilet. We asked for tips for national parks and they gave us a lot of information and best place to look out and drive through (even put a can of bear spray with us just in case).

I ordered a bison ribs for dinner and the portion was too big, I asked if they can keep my leftover and make a sandwich for me to bring into the park the day after; the waiter asked me what kind of bread to go with and if I need anything more? The morning after on our way out from the hotel, I asked if I can pick up my sandwich and the answer was "it's already in your car!"

We stayed on night up in the park and when we came back to Amangani, they simply handed our key to us with a "welcome home!" It does feel like a home (a very luxury one)! Everyone was very excited to chat with us about our day in the national park, although they might do this every day. But they made me feel like I am one of their family members visiting and they were excited to know if we had a great time or not. When we came down for tea, they lit up the fireplace and we stayed there for tea and turned into a dinner in front of the fire place.

One the day of departure, we got the first snow of the season. Bell/door guys heated up our car and prepared drinking water for us in the car; and reminded us to drive carefully/slowly because of the weather!

This place is simply amazing! Go there to experience true hospitality!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank samandjet
Reviewed 26 September 2011

After staying in one of their resorts in Asia, I came in just to check their facilities. Nice quite hilltop location. The design elements are minimalist Asian avant garde with warm furry western touches. Natural lighting permeates throughout the hotel's many levels and is more evident inside its soaring atrium. I like the fact that the interior gives you a feeling that you are in someone's living room- extremely quite although there weren't many guests seen in the common places. The pool is smack in the middle of the hotel overlooking a narrow valley but still provides some views of the Tetons. The spa is well- appointed. We were received well by a very gracious and well- mannered staff. I would stay here for a well deserved relaxation, peace and privacy.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ebbtide123
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I really exceptional place to stay if you have the funds to run to it. The location is spectacular, the decor very avant garde and up to the minute, and the facilities are first class. The swimming pool is warm and sheltered even on blustery days, and soaking in the pool while soaking up the view is highly recommended.

The quality of service was exceptional, although sometimes a bit cloying for our British tastes - special commendation to the valet parking guys who were top rate.

The one downside was the restaurant - I felt this was poor for the quality of the hotel. The chef really seemed to be trying to be too clever and his menu just didn't work for us. Also very expensive - after the first night we ate in town and found plenty of excellent choices there.

If you fancy a real blow out, highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nuthatch_birder
Reviewed 12 September 2011

As would be expected of a hotel at this price point, the Amangani has incredible views of the Tetons and the surrounding area, impeccable service, and very good food. The staff seems to appear whenever you need anything and the weather could not have been more perfect. The hotel is excellent. The Amangani is excellent, however, for those people that have a significant amount of disposable income. Jackson Hole is an outdoorsman's paradise - if you are not going to spend much time at your hotel, there are many other hotels in the area that offer a nice bed and great service at a fraction of the cost.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank bfc90
Reviewed 7 September 2011

My wife and I left the kids at home with grandma and booked Amangani for a long weekend. The resort was quiet and beautiful and our room was equally nice. The decor throughout was just amazing. The service, from the housekeepers to the valets to the wait staff, was excellent. We had one dinner at the restaurant and we were in heaven - the meal was mouth watering. We each had messages at the spa, which were a little pricey but very nice (over $500 for the two 90-minute messages) and we took advantage of the exercise room and steam rooms in each of the locker rooms. The pool deck (along with the guest rooms) had amazing views of the mountains.

Outside of the resort we visited the town of Jackson almost every day to walk around, do some window shopping, grab a bite, etc. We took the scenic ski lift at Snow King Ski Resort right in town for amazing views of the city and a nice hike back down.

We also did some hiking in Grand Teton National Park. We took the ferry across Jenny Lake and did the Hidden Waterfall and Inspiration Point hikes. They were beautiful but I think they are the most popular easy hikes in the park because there were lines of people walking these trails. If you want to get away from the crowds, you may want to choose another spot to hike.

And we did the Covered Wagon Cookout at the Bar-T-5 Ranch. Again a lot of crowds but the evening was cute - a covered wagon ride to a bar-b-que spot for some grub and cowboy music. They even throw in some Indians for excitement. This is "fun for the entire family" kind of night.

But the highlight of our weekend was the Intro to Rodeo activity that the resort recommended. Instead of going on a meandering horseback ride, we learned how to barrel race and rope a steer - all while on horseback. For us city folk, it was a thrill. My wife and I are still walking around a little gingerly two days later but it was well worth it!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple