“Granite hot spring”
Review of Jackson Hole Snowmobile Tours - CLOSED

Jackson Hole Snowmobile Tours
Reviewed 9 December 2015 via mobile

We are on our honeymoon and wanted to see as much of the area as possible. I was quoted a different price when I called several weeks prior to our trip but I knew we would regret not having this experience so we did it. We joined a group of 10 for a half day trip to granite hot springs (the wife had mentioned wanting to be in one, so this was a great surprise for her). Great adventure, Pat was knowledgeable and personable.

4  Thank MrAdventureOPA

Reviewed 8 April 2015

Jake at JH Snowmobile Tours was our guide for the full day tour. He was really the perfect guide for us, being young yet exceptionally experienced ~ it was just an amazing day for us. We felt he was always in control and pushed us to trying new things but always had safety first. We did the upgraded Power Sled snowmobiles and these were definitely worth the couple of extra bucks - we had no issues with going 'off trail' and spent the entire day exploring areas that the 'regular' sleds likely wouldn't have had the power to go to. We highly recommend anyone who is visiting Jackson Hole to take a day to experience the Grand Teton National Park in this way! Great trip!

4  Thank briansantin
Reviewed 1 March 2015

Thoroughly enjoyed the day long trip to view the wild life and scenery in the Teton National Forest. The moose and the mountain sheep showed up on schedule, the elk could have come closer to the road, and the weatherman could have been more cooperative. But it was a very enjoyable time and we had an excellent guide.

Reviewed 12 January 2015

We went on a snowmobile trip to Old Faithful in late December, and it was the worst trip ever. None of us had ever been on a snowmobile before, yet the only training we got was to "lean" into turns.

Turns out that the track was so rutted and uneven that we ended up lurching into every rut, and because we weren't trained on how to lean into ruts, we ended up rolling FOUR snowmobiles, causing both injury and accidents.

After the first one, one of the guides said we should just "accelerate through it". When we did that the next time our snowmobile ended up going down a ravine!

Our guides pushed us too fast as well, for the conditions, so we could "see as much of the park as possible" - but instead we didn't even get to see old faithful go off.

Miserable, terrible experience with unqualified guides who really didn't care about our wellbeing. I'd avoid this experience at all costs.

24  Thank jlouderb
See more reviews
Reviewed 26 December 2014

We spent our Christmas snowmobiling to the Granite Hot Springs. When we booked our trip, there were so many great options to choose from, I was afraid to pick the wrong one. I was told that the Granite Hot Springs were a great choice, so we booked that. We had an incredible time! The trip had a bit of everything: trail riding, a destination (hot springs) where we got to go swimming in the middle of winter with snow covered mountains surrounding us on every side, we had lunch in the middle of the mountains, and we got to ride out in the open. While I'm sure I would have had a blast on any of the trips offered, I'm glad we chose to do the Hot Springs. I don't think you can go wrong in any of the trips you choose! Enjoy!

9  Thank Doug S