“Just beautiful”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“Just beautiful”
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Perfect place to stay in town. Walking distance to great stores,resturants, and shuttle bus. Our room was super cozy and had everything we needed. Front desk was very helpful and informative with fun stuff to see and do. I can't wait to go back and enjoy this beautiful hotel again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank littleone333
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
new york
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Stayimg at the Wort is a must if you want a great location, sophisticated western decor, friendly staff, and wonderful individual attention. It is fun being in town and having access to all of JH 's charms. Drinks and dinner at the Silver Dollar Bar warrants visits especially on Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday nights
when great bands entertain. Watching local dancing is a treat not to be missed.
Am a frequent visitor to JH and staying at the Wort is an unforgettable experience.
It doesn't get any better than the Wort.

Cynthia N
Mamaroneck, NY

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Cynthia N
Richardson, Texas
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We cannot say enough about the wonderful hospitality of the entire staff at the Wort during our stay in January. We had planned to stay 2 nights and then go into South entrance of Yellowstone. Due to the tremendous snow fall on the front end and the back end of our trip, we unexpectedly returned to the Wort for 2 additional nights on separate occasions. The Wort personnel treated us like old friends with open arms. They did not try financially to take advantage of our travel misfortunes. The junior suite was roomy and comfortable and we loved the free wine party on Thursday nights. After our stay and completing a survey, we received a nice letter from the manager thanking us for our business and choosing the Wort. We would not stay any place else while in Jackson Hole.

Room Tip: Loved the junior suite on the first floor.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Kathy H
Cranbury, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 February 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights while on vacation.

The only reason I took points from from being a perfect hotel is our check-in. We were coming back from a few days in Yellowstone and arrived at the hotel around 1:30. I understand we were early for the 4pm check-in. We checked-in anyway to let them know we were there early. We were told the room wasn't ready yet (understandably) and they would call us when it is ready. We went to eat at the Silver Dollar Bar in the hotel (great elk gyro!). Knowing we had plenty of time, we ate a leasurely lunch and returned to the front desk shortly after 3pm. We were told the room was still not ready. The room was not ready until a few minutes before the "official" 4pm check-in time. We were once again told, we would be called as soon as the room is ready. This is a disappointment for this caliber of hotel. I would have expected better service and planning. If a guest has already checked-in and is in the building, I would think their rooms would be prioritized. Based on the check-in experience, I was not expecting much.

The mix-up with our luggage (bellman brought up 2 sets of wrong luggage before ours was correctly delivered), only confirmed my lowered expectations.

HOWEVER, after those 2 mishaps, the rest of our stay met and exceded my expectations.

The Wort Hotel is the epitomy of what I have always imagined a "western" hotel to be. From the grand staircase to the decor and artworks, pure perfection!

The staff was great, especially Sean, who valeted our car. He always made sure the snow was brushed off , the windows were scraped and defrosted when he brought the car to us. Kudos to Sean! Every other staff member we dealt with was great and very friendly.

You could not get a better location; it is walking distance to everything in downtown; only a block away from Town Square, where we enjoyed some of the Winterfest activities.

Despite the initial bump with the check-in, I would definitely stay here again, the next time we are in Jackson.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank VacationRoRo
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I was fortunate to be the event planner on site hosting a small corporate group and I must say that the staff at The Wort could not be more helpful and generous in making sure my group were well attended to. I viewed all their rooms, grands and suites and all the rooms were gorgeous; spacious, beautifully decorated and fabulous artwork throughout. My group loved the hotel, the history associated with the hotel, the integrity of the decor and the staff were true professionals - friendly, helpful, eager to please and delivering 100%.I am looking forward to going back. I highly recommend this hotel - a warm western welcome will await you!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good - I thought for sure I would get some noise sleeping on the ground floor but...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank travelwelll
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
0.1 km away
13.0 km away
Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa - A Noble House Resort
0.7 km away
Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole

Been to The Wort Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK